Vantas Digital Processor [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Vantas Digital Processor

electrotherobot
07-12-2004, 11:01 PM
I have a Vantas DPA-P87 digital processor that I had been using as a handy digital upgrade to the NAD AV 716, but it's been acting flaky with constant scratchiness coming out of one of the rear channels.

Vantas has been out of business for a few years, and I'm finding it impossible to find a place to repair the unit. My options are either to:
1. Keep searching for a repair dealer,
2. Buy another 'working' Vantas unit, or similar device.
3. Get rid and start over.

Can anyone help with options 1 and 2 ?

sy_lu
07-13-2004, 09:07 AM
I doubt you can find any one knows how to repair it. Even you do find some one, the parts may not be available any more. In the unlikely event some one can do all these, the cost is not going to make it worth while. You are far better off to get a new receiver.

I don't think trying to get another of this old techology is worth the cost and effort either. But, if you really want to do it, their parent company was Microtek (the one makes scanner) and you may want to try them to see if they still have some unsold units some where....

Your best bet is start over get a new receiver. My old Denon 3300 died two weeks ago, I did not even try to have it repaired because just to get a quote will cost more than $100 to have some one take a look. By the time it is done (if it can be repaired at all), it will probably come close to get a new one. I got a new Pioneer VSX2012 instead and it is quite a bit better than the Denon 3300.