Which goes where please? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Which goes where please?

touchmyrouter
07-12-2004, 08:25 PM
Ok, quick little question, hopefully easy to answer, I have two Engery 22's as front speakers and they each have a single mid-range and tweeter. They are identical except for the fact that the tweeter on each is not centered, each one is off to a side (depending on how you look both are off to the side, or closer to center)

anyways, how should I set up these speakers? Is it better to have the tweeters closer to or further away from one another?

also one more thing i've thought of, both speakers are completely sealed (no screws I mean) so is there any way to repair a blown tweeter?

thanks a lot again everyone

mtrycraft
07-12-2004, 08:53 PM
Ok, quick little question, hopefully easy to answer, I have two Engery 22's as front speakers and they each have a single mid-range and tweeter. They are identical except for the fact that the tweeter on each is not centered, each one is off to a side (depending on how you look both are off to the side, or closer to center)

anyways, how should I set up these speakers? Is it better to have the tweeters closer to or further away from one another?

also one more thing i've thought of, both speakers are completely sealed (no screws I mean) so is there any way to repair a blown tweeter?

thanks a lot again everyone

Probably doesn't matter if not written in the manual or on the back of the speakers. Experiment: keeps you out of trouble.

Maybe if you take the grill off, there are front mount screws?

This Guy
07-12-2004, 08:54 PM
For a wider sweet spot have the tweeters farthest away from each other/on the outside. And for your second Q, can you possibly take the bindnig posts in the back off and then unscrew the tweeter from the inside? Other than that im drawing blanks.