yammah question [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : yammah question

pwh03
07-12-2004, 12:30 PM
what is the difference between the RXV and HTR yamaha receiver lines.

I've been looking to move my system from strictly music to music and home theater. about 60/40 favoring music.

The YPAO feature is big plus for me as I can't set my room as I would like and this would go a long way in getting it callibrated as it should be

so I was wondering if there was a difference between the two lines and how both lines perfom in regaudrs to music and movies

just for a reference point I was looking at something along the lines of the
Yamaha RX-V2400 or the Yamaha HTR-5790

if you have other suggestions go ahead and list them I'm going out tomorrow to listen to many different receivers but I would like what ever I choose to have a system such as YPAO or MCACC

some other things my sorrounds are 4ohm but I think most systems could get away with handling sorrounds that might be under their ohm load as long as I don;t push them to hard or long. (I don't use them much for music)

besides that it will be a 5.1 setup but I may eventually upgrade to 6.1 ect. but 6.1 is not a big buying point

the receiver will need to run B&W 602's that are matched with an hsu vtf-2 sub. I'm not against buying on audiogon or ebay. I favor audiogon though.

Nothing much else is required that I can think of right now no HDTV any time soon, though I am looking for a dvd/sacd player to go along with the system.

Basically I want good solid sorround and the option for impressive stereo music
thanks again

PH

Eric Z
07-12-2004, 01:18 PM
Check out Yamaha's website. Under the FAQ section, they explain the differences between these lines of receivers. Here's a link for reference.

http://www.yamaha.com/yec/customer/faqs/av_receivers/faq00.htm

Good luck!

Eric

pwh03
07-12-2004, 01:43 PM
thanks I was looking on there site earlier and couldn't find it. I thought it would have to be there somewhere

PH