Sony STR-DE935 Receiver Multi-Room Output [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sony STR-DE935 Receiver Multi-Room Output

cadbot
12-03-2003, 02:41 PM
After owning this receiver for 4+ years I am exploring the "Multi-Room Output" feature. I have moved from an apartment to a small TownHouse and now have moved into a home which is larger than my previous residences and now I would like to use this feature to provide audio to a remote location in my home. Has anyone out there utilized this feature? This is not a new feature to the Sony line of receivers, so someone must have experimented with option. Most of the literature I have discovered says that these receivers have the capability, but do not get into any of the details as HOW to do it (additional equipment, cabling, etc.)

Any help or comments would be appreciated.
cadbot

joel2762
12-04-2003, 03:25 AM
You take a long stereo RCA cable, hook it into the 2nd room output, Run that cable into the AUX inputs or any input to another amp, stereo, etc in another room. Then whatever you are listening to on the Sony is output through that cable and if you listen to that source on the stereo in another room you'll hear exactly what the reciever is outputting through it's speakers. Good for parties, etc. Hope this helped

cadbot
12-04-2003, 05:12 AM
After paging through my owner's manual I did see an example of the hook-up that you described. I also did a little web browsing last night and found a few sites that still sell the Str-de135 which is a 2 channel receiver and would be perfect for the second source.

Thanks for your comments.

joel2762
12-11-2003, 04:17 PM
Glad I could help. Good luck with that. :cool: