Marah, Laura Lee & Patti Smith... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Marah, Laura Lee & Patti Smith...

audiobill
07-11-2004, 01:28 PM
Marah’s 20,000 Streets Under The Sky
Division of Laura Lee’s Das Not Compute
Patti Smith’s Trampin'

Any RRer's heard any of these new discs?? Marah is being compared to vintage Springsteen ( a good thing in my books); Smith is back to her early and late eighties style; and Division of LL is following up with a real toe tapper errrrr or so I'm told.

Nevertheless, I need an RR seal of endorsement or rejection??

Anyone listening to these??

Gresh
07-12-2004, 09:03 AM
Marah’s 20,000 Streets Under The Sky
Division of Laura Lee’s Das Not Compute
Patti Smith’s Trampin'

Any RRer's heard any of these new discs?? Marah is being compared to vintage Springsteen ( a good thing in my books); Smith is back to her early and late eighties style; and Division of LL is following up with a real toe tapper errrrr or so I'm told.

Nevertheless, I need an RR seal of endorsement or rejection??

Anyone listening to these??

I really wanted to like Marah. I was a huge Sprinsteen fan back in the 70's and Nick Hornby (a writer - High Fidelity, About a Boy...) has apparently been championing these guys. Throw in a couple of Southside Johnny (Kinda big in the late 70's on the east coast) comparisons and I was stoked to hear these guys - I borrowed a copy of 20,000 and played it this weekend.

I was underwhelemed. I didn't even burn a copy. I found them generic and boring - more Hooters (also from Philly) than Boss...

Just my take...

skewiff
07-12-2004, 01:00 PM
If you've ever liked PS you will really enjoy this, not quite as good as Easter and Horses, but bloody close.

Passionate, soulful, awesome for a 57 year old.

Stop pissin' about, and go buy it.

Tony