business oportunity for mtry [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : business oportunity for mtry

hifitommy
07-11-2004, 11:48 AM
he could sell audio cassettes of himself reciting either the old columns of julian hirsch, len fleldman, or tom noussaine.

other good topics could include the aes papers and white papers outlining the DBT procedures performed and the extreme interest generated by such stimulating subject material.

i am sure the market would be large enough to carry him for the rest of his life. just an idea.

alternatively, he could start his own forum site simply called the whipping post.

trollgirl
07-11-2004, 01:25 PM
I don't always agree with him, and for a long time, my attitude was like the fellow who titled a post about Mtry, as "The man with no ears, speaks!". However, I came to realize that he is trying to get us to question our assumptions and biases. I wonder how many of us have taken the hint...

Laz

hifitommy
07-11-2004, 01:50 PM
i dont blindly believe the rhetoric of the commercial hacks and shills. but just once TRY to get enough people to properly carry out a dbt, and IF you do, see how long they want to participate.

i am continuously surprised by what i hear vs my expectations. i didnt need his hint by hammer over the head approach. ive been at this long enough to have been burned by going with my bias and assumptions. i am a results oriented soul and always will be.

mtrycraft
07-11-2004, 03:21 PM
I don't always agree with him, and for a long time, my attitude was like the fellow who titled a post about Mtry, as "The man with no ears, speaks!". However, I came to realize that he is trying to get us to question our assumptions and biases.

Yes, very observant. Too bad others biases are just too much baggage to that is drowning them. I just read an interesting article by Karla McLaran, a New Ager and known writer.
She started examining the anomalies she observed in her culture. Now she is a skeptic of all her life's work.

I wonder how many of us have taken the hint...

DKM still posts here. Ask him :) A number of others.

mtrycraft
07-11-2004, 03:25 PM
i dont blindly believe the rhetoric of the commercial hacks and shills.

You just believe everything you think you hear. What is the difference?

i am continuously surprised by what i hear vs my expectations.

Why is that? After all this time and you still don't get it. Your expectations don't exclusively control your biases and perceptions. You just seem to pick and choose your perceptions that you want.

trollgirl
07-12-2004, 03:19 AM
"You just believe everything you think you hear."
"You just seem to pick and choose your perceptions that you want."

You're putting words in Tommy's mouth, and maybe that is what he is talking about when her refers to "...his hint by hammer over the head approach."

hifitommy
07-12-2004, 05:08 AM
on the money girl.

trollgirl
07-12-2004, 03:04 PM
One more time - I am posting under my daughter's handle because mine was deleted. It happened after I'd been indulging in a lot of Dubya-bashing. Go figure...

Lazarus Short, still in western Missouri

hifitommy
07-12-2004, 04:35 PM
One more time - I am posting under my daughter's handle because mine was deleted. It happened after I'd been indulging in a lot of Dubya-bashing. Go figure...

Lazarus Short, still in western Missouri
why dont you establish another moniker? it would make for less confusion. no biggy i guess, i never changed mine at audiogon so i am still tommy_in_sylmar over there. gotta do it one day.

btw, thanx for the level headedness.

DMK
07-12-2004, 06:56 PM
why dont you establish another moniker? it would make for less confusion. no biggy i guess, i never changed mine at audiogon so i am still tommy_in_sylmar over there. gotta do it one day.

btw, thanx for the level headedness.

What cables should I use for these cassettes? Dolby NR? Magna-chromium phosphate tape? Any possibility he could put these out on vinyl? Cassettes have too much tape his and CD's have too much distortion. :D

Laz pronounced he was from Western Missouri shortly after our good friend Javadick Brandenport Diggs (or whatever the f**k his name was!) emerged and proclaimed he was from Northern Maine or some such place - as I recall!

hifitommy
07-12-2004, 07:03 PM
not as stupid. davenfart brigs would NEVER have defended me. obviously NOT the same.

trollgirl
07-13-2004, 02:44 PM
I imagne I was parodying JDB at the time. Besides that, it's an inside joke for people who live around here. You see, in this town there is a Western Missouri Mental Health Center. So! Do think I live there or just in the western part of Missouri??

Laz