JBL E250 Subwoofer [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : JBL E250 Subwoofer

JDiddy
07-10-2004, 06:17 AM
Hello all. I just wanted to write about my new purchase of 2 JBL E250 powered subwoofers. I bought them from bestpriceaudiovideo.com for $498.00 total with free shipping. Best Buy wants $499.99 for just one! Anyway, the sound they produce is amazing! We watched The Butterfly Effect last night and boy did these things rock! I now have a complete JBL system and wouldn't trade it for anything. In my opinion, you just can't beat the sound quality for the money. I use a yamaha RXV-1400 which I think is awesome! Very powerful and accurate. Anyway, thats my 2 cents...

filecat13
07-10-2004, 09:14 AM
Congratulations. The E250p is a great bang-for-buck sub, and two of them must be a powerful combo. I've got an all JBL system and agree that the sound/quality ratio is quite high.

JBL suffered from some quality and design issues in the past, and it still has detractors today, but its current line up is very strong and competes head to head with anything in a given price range from $100 to $15k. There are many fine speakers out there in all price ranges. Choice is good, and JBL is a great choice.

mtrycraft
07-10-2004, 02:52 PM
Hello all. I just wanted to write about my new purchase of 2 JBL E250 powered subwoofers. I bought them from bestpriceaudiovideo.com for $498.00 total with free shipping. Best Buy wants $499.99 for just one! Anyway, the sound they produce is amazing! We watched The Butterfly Effect last night and boy did these things rock! I now have a complete JBL system and wouldn't trade it for anything. In my opinion, you just can't beat the sound quality for the money. I use a yamaha RXV-1400 which I think is awesome! Very powerful and accurate. Anyway, thats my 2 cents...

How do you have the two subs set up? In the same corner?

JDiddy
07-10-2004, 06:10 PM
How do you have the two subs set up? In the same corner?
I have one in each corner with a JBL N38II on top of each sub using a Y cable. The bass is incredible, I definately recommend using 2 subs nomatter what brand, much more power, deeper bass, smoother sound. I have the JBL S CenterII with 3 JBL E10's for surrounds and a Toshiba 55" tv. I've heard bose, Infinity, Klipsch and athena. All sounded good but for the money, I felt mine sounded better.

This Guy
07-10-2004, 07:59 PM
If you're crossover the subs at 80hz or lower, stack both of them in one corner. This will yield the most spl. Having two subs in one corner will make the subs total SPL 6dB higher than a single sub. Using subs in different locations is usually only around 3 dB louder.

mtrycraft
07-10-2004, 08:36 PM
I have one in each corner with a JBL N38II on top of each sub using a Y cable. The bass is incredible, I definately recommend using 2 subs nomatter what brand, much more power, deeper bass, smoother sound. I have the JBL S CenterII with 3 JBL E10's for surrounds and a Toshiba 55" tv. I've heard bose, Infinity, Klipsch and athena. All sounded good but for the money, I felt mine sounded better.

I am not sure if those 3811 are your left/right speakers but if they are, usually speakers don't do well in corners, only subs do.

JDiddy
07-11-2004, 08:48 AM
I am not sure if those 3811 are your left/right speakers but if they are, usually speakers don't do well in corners, only subs do.
Yes the N38II's are in a corner, one on each side of the tv. I'ts about the only way I can have it set up due to my living room size and shape. The sound is still awesome though.

mtrycraft
07-11-2004, 03:33 PM
Yes the N38II's are in a corner, one on each side of the tv. I'ts about the only way I can have it set up due to my living room size and shape. The sound is still awesome though.

That 's all that matters then :)