Anyone hear these Speakers yet? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hear these Speakers yet?

Hyfi
11-13-2003, 05:06 AM
I had a chance to sit down for an hour with the new JM Labs Grand Utopia BEs last week. Nice furniture if you have the room....and the money. Cost-$80K a pair. Associated electronics were Krell's latest TOL Mono-Blocks, Pre, and Cd Player with Transparent cabling that looks like Vacuum cleaner hose. Yes you need a big room for these babies. Sound was awesome but I think the laws of diminishing value kick in here big time. Total system was worth close to $150K. I played Annie Haslam's One Enchanted Evening and Bob James-Grand Piano Canyon. The latter is one of my main Demo disks for equipment. Real sounding piano and bass that alot of systems can't reproduce acurately. We had just got done putting together a nice system for a relative of B&K pre and amp, Rotel 5 disk changer, Rotel Phono pre, Dynoudio 72s and all Transparent cables. The Rotel Integrated could not reproduce the Bob James disk nor could the B&K integrated. The Krell stuff could but this system did not sound 20X better than what I own. Maybe 2 0r 3 X. Must be nice to be rich, huh?

The only thing that sucks here is that the posts are not expanded. Is there a way to do that?

Hyfi

JDaniel
11-13-2003, 07:09 AM
No, you'll have to turn them up a little.