Cracked Flat Panel TV question [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums


View Full Version : Cracked Flat Panel TV question

07-08-2004, 04:21 PM
Does anyone know if the screen of a flat panel tv, such as this one

has a piece of glass in front of the tube? or if the glass on the screen is part of the tv tube just like a normal CRT

if there is a crack on a screen like the one in the link, is this something that is easily fixable?

07-14-2004, 06:42 AM
That is not a "flat panel" tv. "Flat panel" indicates and lcd based monitor. The tv in your link is a standard CRT tv. If the tube is cracked, it will probably cost more to fix it than the price of a new one.