Upgrading my Yamaha Speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading my Yamaha Speakers

willx45x
07-07-2004, 12:49 PM
I currently have a Sony Receiver (cost me $250 or so at BB) and three Yamaha speakers (two NS-100XT mains and a matching center channel). I'm looking to purchase a Yamaha 5760 receiver and these mains from Axiom (link below). Will match them up with Axiom's 150 center channel and a sub to be determined later. I'm looking for honest opinions on Axiom in general and these particular speakers as mains in my system. If there are other speakers you'd recommend at or near the same price point, please do so. Anything you have to input would be greatly appreciated!

w

p.s. - I might add that these Yamaha mains have been GREAT speakers for the $300 I paid for them.

matt39
07-08-2004, 07:04 AM
Hi Will,

Looks like the link for the Axioms didn't come throught with the rest of the post. While I have no experience with Axiom, I do know they have an excellent reputation and a lot of customers really like them. I have heard your current speakers several times at Best Buy though and I always thought they sounded pretty darn good particularly for what they cost. I guess what I am wondering is, if you like them so well, why do you want to replace them? Sure the Axioms will probably be an upgrade (in appearance as well as sound) but if you're happy with the Yamaha's maybe looking for some Yamaha surrounds might be more economical. I'm not trying to discourage you, rather, I'm just pointing out that the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. Good luck.