Mini Disk Problems AGHHHHH! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Mini Disk Problems AGHHHHH!

rcampbell25
07-07-2004, 08:32 AM
If any one out there knows anything about sony's MZ-N505 Mini disk walkman, I could sure use the help. I have tried all the programs I can think of to transfer songs to my player but none work. The programs are Sonic Stage( newest version), Simple Burner, Real Player. The programs recongize the player but will not transfer although it says the file is transfered but when I try to play nothing happens. The MD shows that the song is there but zip notta no sound. The player works great with mini disks that have songs and is really good sound. The songs I have on it now are old. I am trying to get in shape and do some jogging with it but with some motivational music. The player was purchased second hand thats why I have no disc. I would appreciate any help you can offer.

Getting Fatter by the MInute
Rob

kexodusc
07-07-2004, 10:59 AM
Depending on your source, the copy right protection may be your problem. It would cause the same symptoms. You should be able to de-select copyright protection in the menu somewhere. Are you copying straight from CD sources or MP3's (yuck).

I've owned 2 players now without problems, something I didn't think Sony was capable of.
Does the MD player display show the track titles and info when it's not attached to your computer? (not to patrionize you, just making sure you are in fact transferring to the MD player.)

If that's not the problem, you may have no recording capability.
Just curious, where did you get Sonic Stage if you had no disc?

Lay off the Doritos!!! :)

rcampbell25
07-07-2004, 12:09 PM
Tried to look for a menu option for copy right . Did not find any. Only refers to copyright option on the disc itself. I have tried to transfer from cds and mp3 no luck.
The MD does show track and title and counts the seconds when the song is supposed to play but still no sound.
I may have no recording capability? can you be more specific?

SOnic stage, simple burner and real player were all dl from the net. It seems I'm not the only one with the problem.

I asked sony about it and they told me to buy the software for it. $22.50 US

OUCH!

Thanks Again!

kexodusc
07-07-2004, 12:50 PM
Pffff...If RealOne or whatever doesn't work, there's no need to buy Sony's crappy software.

What I meant about recording capability was that the player still reads the mini discs, it just won't write to them anymore.
I believe this is a fatal design flaw in some models unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong, but once you use the "check out" or write method, the music files should be copied to the MD. sounds like the track infor is being sent to MD, but not the music info.
I won't attempt to solve this problem for you, as it is obviously over my head.
But don't waste your money on software.