My screwup is to your benefit (hard rock comp available- act now!). [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My screwup is to your benefit (hard rock comp available- act now!).

Finch Platte
07-06-2004, 08:19 PM
Only 2 available to you unwashed masses. I made a comp (comprising 2 discs) for me and a friend, and lo & behold, I screwed up and doubled up a couple of tracks. D'oh! So, back to the drawing board, and the f'ed up ones are yours. First 2 to ask, gettum. No trades necessary, no accurate track list available (i.e., no cover), but the listing below is close.

Most of the stuff is newer, but there's a few oldies (Orange 9mm, Cyclefly) to flesh it out. Mostly uptempo, some punkish stuff, some emo-ish stuff, some gruff vocal-type metal, and some comedy-rock (Gene Simmons- he's not serious, is he?).

Rock 1

(Song title- band)

Sadist Ways– Watch Them Die/ Flesh Engine Breakdown– Beyond The Embrace/ Diving Vein– Insipid/ Forever Is Rock and Roll– Alien Crime Syndicate/ Like You Like An Arsonist– Paris Texas/ Of The Room– Dredg/ Yearbook Signing Party– In Reverent Fear/ The Middle Finger– Christensen/ Quitter– Edgewater/ Crowns– Cyclefly/ Go With The Flow– Queens Of The Stoneage/ Give It Up– Midtown/ Sin Remover– Byzantine/ The Last Revelation– ZAO/ Take You Away- Orange 9mm/ This Is The New ****– Marilyn Manson/ Mono– Courtney Love/ Let It Out– Hoobastank/ Just Once– Tantric/ Thoughts Before Me– Amber Pacific

Rock 2

Buyer Beware (Vula)- Trailer Park Pam/ Say 18– The Matches/ Promise– Matchbook Romance/ Needles– Depswa/ Rawkfist– Thousand Foot Crutch/ @sshole– Gene Simmons/ Burn- Josh Todd/ Citadel– Scatter The Ashes/ Duality– Slipknot/ Gasoline– Seether/ Figure 8– Trust Company/ Kicked Out Of Kindergarten– Ten Foot Pole/ Savior– Skillet/ Stratus– Moments In Grace/ Bonethrower– The Revolution Smile/ It’s Just A Ride– One Minute Silence/ Lyra– Salt The Earth/ No One Knows (Unkle Remix)- Queens Of The Stoneage/ I Stand Corrected– Eleventeen/Made To Measure– My Ruin/ Here Lies Civilization– Born From Pain

fp

-Jar-
07-07-2004, 06:38 AM
Only 2 available to you unwashed masses. I made a comp (comprising 2 discs) for me and a friend, and lo & behold, I screwed up and doubled up a couple of tracks. D'oh! So, back to the drawing board, and the f'ed up ones are yours. First 2 to ask, gettum. No trades necessary, no accurate track list available (i.e., no cover), but the listing below is close.

Most of the stuff is newer, but there's a few oldies (Orange 9mm, Cyclefly) to flesh it out. Mostly uptempo, some punkish stuff, some emo-ish stuff, some gruff vocal-type metal, and some comedy-rock (Gene Simmons- he's not serious, is he?).

Rock 1

(Song title- band)

Sadist Ways– Watch Them Die/ Flesh Engine Breakdown– Beyond The Embrace/ Diving Vein– Insipid/ Forever Is Rock and Roll– Alien Crime Syndicate/ Like You Like An Arsonist– Paris Texas/ Of The Room– Dredg/ Yearbook Signing Party– In Reverent Fear/ The Middle Finger– Christensen/ Quitter– Edgewater/ Crowns– Cyclefly/ Go With The Flow– Queens Of The Stoneage/ Give It Up– Midtown/ Sin Remover– Byzantine/ The Last Revelation– ZAO/ Take You Away- Orange 9mm/ This Is The New ****– Marilyn Manson/ Mono– Courtney Love/ Let It Out– Hoobastank/ Just Once– Tantric/ Thoughts Before Me– Amber Pacific

Rock 2

Buyer Beware (Vula)- Trailer Park Pam/ Say 18– The Matches/ Promise– Matchbook Romance/ Needles– Depswa/ Rawkfist– Thousand Foot Crutch/ @sshole– Gene Simmons/ Burn- Josh Todd/ Citadel– Scatter The Ashes/ Duality– Slipknot/ Gasoline– Seether/ Figure 8– Trust Company/ Kicked Out Of Kindergarten– Ten Foot Pole/ Savior– Skillet/ Stratus– Moments In Grace/ Bonethrower– The Revolution Smile/ It’s Just A Ride– One Minute Silence/ Lyra– Salt The Earth/ No One Knows (Unkle Remix)- Queens Of The Stoneage/ I Stand Corrected– Eleventeen/Made To Measure– My Ruin/ Here Lies Civilization– Born From Pain

fp

SURE :)

I'm going to need a whole cd magazine just for finch comps. Mostly I wanna hear Christensen and Watch them Die, but I bet there's some other nice tracks on here.
Do you really like all that screaming death metalcore that you've been sending me recently? Seems like almost the entire Ozzfest lineup this year is made up bands of this nature.. Pretty wild stuff.. great in small doses when you want to break walls and kill things.

-jar

Finch Platte
07-07-2004, 06:59 AM
Your name is first on the RR address list. Sure beats searching. :p

SURE :)
Do you really like all that screaming death metalcore that you've been sending me recently? Seems like almost the entire Ozzfest lineup this year is made up bands of this nature.. Pretty wild stuff.. great in small doses when you want to break walls and kill things.

-jar

Aw, c'mon- the stuff I send you is nowhere near the top o' the violence meter compared to some of the stuff you've sent me. After I hear some of your stuff, I just wanna spray Bactine inside my CD player.

fp

Oh, by the way, it helps if your CD player can read the titles of the songs- it's the only way you'll get the track list.

audiobill
07-07-2004, 07:53 AM
I'm passing out the earplugs to my wife and she's passing out the headphones to me.

Looks like a blistering set.

Hope you still have my addie.
Bill

Mr Peabody
07-07-2004, 04:52 PM
I don't think I have anything by any of those bands. I like Disturbed, Stone Sour & Tool but really wasn't into bands like Slayer or the vocals that sound like demons from hell. If you think I might like some of what's on there, send me a copy please. I do like some of Manson and Hole.

Finch Platte
07-07-2004, 06:16 PM
I don't think I have anything by any of those bands. I like Disturbed, Stone Sour & Tool but really wasn't into bands like Slayer or the vocals that sound like demons from hell. If you think I might like some of what's on there, send me a copy please. I do like some of Manson and Hole.

Only 2 copies available. Maybe one of these fellas would make a copy for you, or pass it along when the earplugs wear out?

fp

Mr Peabody
07-08-2004, 05:36 PM
I can't count.

New Incubus is out or coming out soon.