Anyone heard Journey's Red 13? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard Journey's Red 13?

Mr Peabody
07-06-2004, 05:25 PM
It has been maybe a year or so now that Journey put out an EP of new material called Red 13. This was supposed to be a return to their roots, without Steve Perry, of course. The question is, will Journey ever be accepted without Steve Perry. I am a big Journey fan, I have all 3 of their albums before Steve Perry joined the band. The last full Journey album I bought was Escape, they started loosing me after that, although I did buy the Greatest Hits to pick up the other cool tracks like Separate Ways. I wondered if any of you were braver than I and bought this EP or have had a chance to hear it and can give me your impressions of it.

Mr Peabody
07-06-2004, 05:40 PM
If any of you are Journey fans I recommend an album by a group called Abraxas Pool which is Greg Rollie and Neal Schon. This album is heavy Latin influenced in a Santana way. You probably remember that both appeared on early Santana albums, I think maybe just the first 2 or 3, then forming the original Journey, then with the addition of vocalist Steve Perry on the 4th album, Infinity, they became super stars. I like Abraxas Pool a lot, both Rollie and Schon show off their excellent musicianship. Guitarist Neal Schon still carries the Journey torch while Rollie retired from Journey giving his spot as keyboardist to Jonathon Caine of Babies fame.

Finch Platte
07-06-2004, 06:43 PM
Journey before Perry. I put out a comp based on those three discs and offered it in here a while back. I sure wouldn't mind hearing that ep. Is Anusly Dunbar playing drums, I wonder?

That's some good old sh!t, Maynard.

fp

Edit: Django's has it: http://www.djangomusic.com/item_music.asp?id=R+++617776&dt=1&cid=&sid=&mediatype=

N. Abstentia
07-06-2004, 07:54 PM
Personally, I like the 'new' Steve. Let's put it this way...in 1980 Steve Perry was the man. But in 2000, Augeri is the better vocalist and will continue to get better and better while Perry can no longer hang. So I'd rather have a fresh Augeri than a tired old Perry I guess is what I'm getting at.

I'll have to check out that EP, didn't know it was out. Arrival was a super album.