Speaker Upgrade ? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Upgrade ?

willx45x
07-06-2004, 07:13 AM
I am currently in the process of upgrading my speakers and receiver. I've all but decided on the Yamaha 5760 for my receiver purchase but I have no idea what to do in regards to speakers. I currently own Yamaha NS A100XT tower speakers and a matching center channel. Any suggestions on a set of three speakers in the $700-900 range that would go well with my new Yammie receiver? Or should I just keep the ones I've got?

Thanks in advance!

w

Bryan
07-06-2004, 07:58 AM
For HT, the ceramic nOrh 4.0 video package is fantastic and you could get all five. (You either love or hate the looks. If interested, I have five blue/silver ones up for sale for $500 plus shipping and pictures are available.) If you are looking more along the lines of something more traditional, Ascend Acoustics CMT-340s or the Odyssey Epiphony/Nemesis combination could work (though they are likely outside your price range). Axiom's M40ti with the VP150 center may work too. The Rocket RS250/RSC200 is another worthy combination though you will have to purchase that used on Audiogon.