an encouraging story..I think anyway... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : an encouraging story..I think anyway...

3-LockBox
07-02-2004, 10:04 PM
I was going to the grocery store to buy beer and noticed the store was doing some big blow-out for the 4th, complete with a live band. As I drove past, I noticed it was a 5 piece, all teenaged boys. I thought to myself, "what rap-n-roll band are these guys butchering"...then I got out of my car and heard them tearing through what sounded like the Allman Bros. No Sh!t...then some more jazz/fusion/jam like stuff, then even a Frank Zappa medley, then I believe a Phish tune. They are going to play again tomorrow and I'm going to catch them again. I actually talked to a couple of them. Asked what their influences was, what type of stuff they listened to...this scraggly lookin kid said he liked listening to his friend's dad's old fusion/rock stuff, he turned to his band mate and said, "hey what's that one album on vinyl we listen to, the one with the big face on it?" His friend answers "King Crimson".

Finch Platte
07-03-2004, 09:22 AM
I was going to the grocery store to buy beer and noticed the store was doing some big blow-out for the 4th, complete with a live band. As I drove past, I noticed it was a 5 piece, all teenaged boys. I thought to myself, "what rap-n-roll band are these guys butchering"...then I got out of my car and heard them tearing through what sounded like the Allman Bros. No Sh!t...then some more jazz/fusion/jam like stuff, then even a Frank Zappa medley, then I believe a Phish tune. They are going to play again tomorrow and I'm going to catch them again. I actually talked to a couple of them. Asked what their influences was, what type of stuff they listened to...this scraggly lookin kid said he liked listening to his friend's dad's old fusion/rock stuff, he turned to his band mate and said, "hey what's that one album on vinyl we listen to, the one with the big face on it?" His friend answers "King Crimson".

I hope you tape the second show. I wouldn't mind hearing it. Those are pretty cool influences.

Primus tape going out soon.

fp