SPL Meter question [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : SPL Meter question

F1
07-02-2004, 07:11 PM
Hi,
Recently I checked out specs for spl meters but I found that most spl meters (including RS) only have frequency response up to around 10kHz. Question is how do we determine spl accurately for frequency above 10kHz. Is there any general correction factor or other setting trick? Thanks for your help.

cam
07-02-2004, 07:25 PM
Hi,
Recently I checked out specs for spl meters but I found that most spl meters (including RS) only have frequency response up to around 10kHz. Question is how do we determine spl accurately for frequency above 10kHz. Is there any general correction factor or other setting trick? Thanks for your help.
I think that if you match your levels with a rad shack spl, after that you are at the mercy that the manufacturer of your speakers was able to create a flat response from 10khz on up.

This Guy
07-02-2004, 07:51 PM
Yes they have corrections on the net for the rat shack meter. Just do a search.

mtrycraft
07-02-2004, 08:05 PM
Hi,

Actually, the RS meter, analog, has response to 20kHz. As was posted above, check an only correction for the RS meter. It has a very good response from 10kHz to 20 kHz.