The Primus comp is done... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Primus comp is done...

Finch Platte
07-02-2004, 05:40 PM
...and boy, does it suck!

Mr. Peabody posted a while back about some disc suggestions for a Primus newbie, so I volunteered to make him a compy. While I was making it, my finger slipped and I made additional copies. Whoops! Boy, is my face flesh-tone.

Jellike a copy? No prollem. PM me. First couple of takers get a color cover, the rest of you get a sh!tty b&w xerox cover.

Bonus points- what fish does Les Claypool catch? Yes it's a trick question, but should be fairly obvious. If you know the answer, I'll send along swag w/ your comp.

Tracks are taken from the 10 Primus discs I own, necessarily in this order:

Fish On
Mr. Krinkle
Golden Boy
Pudding Time
DMV
Mr. Knowitall
Mrs. Blaileen
Have A Cigar
Tommy The Cat
The Last Superpower
Amos Moses
Frizzle Fry
Shake Hands With Beef
Lacquer Head
Too Many Puppies
Wynona’s Big Brown Beaver
Dirty Drowning Man

Yes, Peabody, your comp's already on its way.

fp

3-LockBox
07-02-2004, 09:51 PM
...and boy, does it suck!

May I have one...funny thing is, I don't know <b>Primus</b> from d!ck, but I'm always up for hearing sumpin new. I feel funny asking since I don't think I've ever sent you a thing, but your music collection prolly dwarfs mine. I wouldn't know where to begin to repay you.

TIA (I hope)

3LB

N. Abstentia
07-02-2004, 11:03 PM
Primus sucks. They really do.

Troy
07-03-2004, 09:28 AM
"Wynona's Big Brown Beaver" is quite the title, isn't it?

No Primus comp is complete without "Southbound Pachyderm" and "Jerry was a Racecar Driver". But that's just me.

N. Abstentia
07-03-2004, 10:10 AM
Oh yeah I didn't look at the track list. You GOTTA have Jerry Was a Racecar Driver. I mean...it's a standard! You also gotta have John The Fisherman. Southbound Pachyderm is great, reminds me of Stranglehold!

Finch Platte
07-03-2004, 10:39 AM
Oh yeah I didn't look at the track list. You GOTTA have Jerry Was a Racecar Driver. I mean...it's a standard! You also gotta have John The Fisherman. Southbound Pachyderm is great, reminds me of Stranglehold!

Now you guys pipe up.

Where were you when I needed you? http://www.cmj.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/021376.html

And here: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=32204&highlight=primus

I considered 'em all, and tallied 'em up. Could only have 2 songs from most of the discs, and as no one suggested SB Pachy, that I remember, I didn't even consider it.

Bleedle bleedle blip.

fp

N. Abstentia
07-03-2004, 03:12 PM
Don't know where I was, but I know I was nowhere near those websites! You should have asked here!

DarrenH
07-03-2004, 05:33 PM
Hit me Finch,

Gotta hear some Les Claypool.

Darren

Mr Peabody
07-05-2004, 07:02 PM
I found Primus to have a unique sound. I liked the more funk driven tracks like Tommy the Cat. I like their version of Pink Floyd's Have A Cigar. I was surprised anyone remembered Amos Moses, let alone cover it. Claypool must have an eclectic taste in music and I wouldn't be surprised if he was a Zappa fan. I don't think I will be as big a fan as Finch but I do appreciate his effort. Claypool definitely pushes the boundaries of the bass guitar.

KRiTiKaL
07-20-2004, 07:38 PM
Hey I dont know where I was on this post?

Primus used to pull stripers out of San Pablo Bay. lol I dont need a Primus comp, I just wanted to add that. Primus Sucks!