anything better than hsu ventriloquist for $299 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : anything better than hsu ventriloquist for $299

KRiTiKaL
07-02-2004, 02:49 PM
Anybody know of a better solution for my 1700cubic foot room? I am already using a velo 10" front firing and 12" down firing passive. The price is right and rumor is thier BOSE killers. I have about $500 in mind. I have Yamaha 5790 and listen to everything, watch everything.

Can someone with experience on the VT-12 tell me how it sounds? Thanks! :D

KRiTiKaL
07-07-2004, 11:12 AM
Anybody know of a better solution for my 1700cubic foot room? I am already using a velo 10" front firing and 12" down firing passive. The price is right and rumor is thier BOSE killers. I have about $500 in mind. I have Yamaha 5790 and listen to everything, watch everything.

Can someone with experience on the VT-12 tell me how it sounds? Thanks! :D

Ok everyone, I ordered these and they are great! My 1700cf room is full of sound. I'm using my old Velodyne sub(100watts and down to 40hz) & not the recommended HSU sub(250watts and down to 20hz). So I can not even imagine how much better it would be with the HSU sub. They were bright the first 20hrs, now thier sounding more neutral(on my 30th hour). So far they sound best on clear music(jazz, classic vocal, acoustic, rap, etc) not heavy metal as much or mono recordings. DVDs are surrounding and just like the latest movie theatre. You really have to break them in for them to sound right. When I first hooked them up, I didn't like it at all. My room mate even commented on how high the treble was. But the more I push them the better they are sounding. I am going to try a new sub in a month. Any questions about these speakers feel free to ask me. These are BOSE killers in sound and price!

KRiTiKaL
07-17-2004, 02:56 PM
*update*

These speakers are only getting better now with 150+ hours. I have noticed I can turn it louder without the ear piercing highs. I bought some nice stands off ebay and they are great! I intentionally bought these to test because I have not seen any real reviews. Was going to send back after 2 1/2 weeks but i think they are perfect for my situation. Keepers definately. I think they would be best with 2 stf-1s or vtf-2s. I thought they were a lil thin but I upp'd the sub a hair and its full. If budget and clarity are your concern, these kick a$$.