What are the best ways to sell old gold jewelry? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What are the best ways to sell old gold jewelry?

Boluker
01-24-2023, 04:04 AM
To sell it fast and hopefully fairly, take it to a large established Pawn Shop, but know that they will buy it for less then “Spot or Market value”. They have to hold it for a period of time, before they can do anything with it, here in Washington State, it is 30 days, Gold prices change daily, so they gamble on it.
I know of no local area Jewelry stores that buy gold, they simply get all they may need at an better price.
Now if you have time, and feel the shops can’t be trusted (which would be sad) , there are a lot of Gold Dealer’s that will buy it though the internet. However they too, will buy it on the same basic scale a Pawn Shop would, AND you’ll have to wait for a check.
Just a note about wherever, or whomever you decide to sell it to, If gold is selling at for example, $1,000 an ounce, that price is for 24 Karat Gold. Keeping it simple and basic for a layman here, 14 Karat is roughly half gold, half filler. SO you will get offer’s at that price, or roughly 1/2 of Spot.
Also no one, but you or the seller, will have an attachment for Old” or “Scrape” gold. What was paid for it won’t matter as well. It is just a precious metal commodity to the buyer.
You also want to know how they weight the gold, as in an Ounce, or a Troy ounce. One weights more then the other, and you really want the best price for your gold.
Keep in mind prices will vary on the Karat weight (Content, or purity) of Gold, and current market trends. This information is only for “old or scrape” Gold. Not necessarily for re-sellable jewelry.
I hope this information is useful for you.

bubbagump
01-24-2023, 11:32 AM
My husband has been in business for many years! He recently turned 63 years old, and he still goes to the office every day to work! I decided to complement his style by giving him a diamond rolex watch (https://www.itshot.com/watches/mens-diamond-watches/rolex) as he loves to wear a formal suit. Made an order online. At first, I didn’t know how to choose the right thing for me, but I was well advised and helped with the choice! My husband is very pleased and wears my gift without taking it off!

BillShiphr
02-24-2023, 12:39 AM
If you work in e-commerce and you have your own website for doing business, then you are definitely facing the problem of how to improve the service for customers. Delivery is important, so I advise you to learn more about the magento 2 shipping availability check extension (https://amasty.com/shipping-suite-for-magento-2.html) which is provided by Amasty. In general, I found quite a few great Magento extensions here that I plan to use in my work.