klh model 6 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : klh model 6

Bill K Davis
07-01-2004, 12:06 PM
The model 6 has 2 posts for the positive wire. How should the wire be attached? Also I think I read that the coupling device, should be replaced with copper wire for better sound. Is this correct?

skeptic
07-01-2004, 12:12 PM
One terminal is the + for the tweeter and the other is the + for the woofer. The speaker comes supplied with a jumper which is just a small piece of sheetmetal with two holes drilled through them. It is intended to be used with the jumper in place in order to operate both drivers at the same time. If you do not have this jumper, just bridge the two + terminals with a piece of wire. If they are unbridged, only one driver will work at a time unless you use two amplifiers and bi amplify them. The third terminal marked minus is a common negative retrun which is internally connected to both drivers. Bi-amplifying them or just operating one driver does not disconnect or bypass the crossover network. Each driver is still restricted to frequencies within its range.

Bill K Davis
07-01-2004, 04:08 PM
Thanks, this audio review thing really works.

skeptic
07-02-2004, 05:08 AM
Having been repaired at the factory in Cambridge several times many decades ago, mine still work perfectly. They are early versions with the woofers epoxy cast into the front baffle boards. Later versions had them screwed in like most other speakers. Despite other speaker systems I own, I still like these very much even after 40 years of use. Hope you enjoy yours as well.