Toronto Rocks DVD --- Two versions. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Rocks DVD --- Two versions.

ForeverAutumn
06-30-2004, 03:17 PM
A DVD of last summer's Rolling Stones festival in Toronto, commonly known as SARSfest, was released yesterday. Apparently, different versions were released in Canada and in the US.

The Canadian version is a two DVD set that includes songs from all of the performers. The US version is only one DVD and skips about half of the acts...the acts that are lessor know in the US.

The acts skipped are:
Sam Roberts
Kathleen Edwards
Blue Rodeo
La Chicane
The Tea Party
Sass Jordan.

This was a great opportunity to expose some of our most popular Canadian acts to an American audience and I think that it sucks that these acts were omitted from the US version of this disk. There is some fantastic music that is being left off this DVD.

For the full effect and some great Canadian music you can order the Canadian version off of Amazon's Canadian site www.amazon.ca for $32.24 CDN. If you purchase the one disk US version, you'll be missing out. You don't want to do that. ;)

I may pick up the DVD (two disks) tonight. If I do, I'll review it next week.

Dusty Chalk
06-30-2004, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I'll get it just for Tea Party.

Finch Platte
07-01-2004, 03:53 AM
...but Canadian DVDs won't play in my DVD player. :rolleyes:

fp

Dusty Chalk
07-01-2004, 08:56 AM
...but Canadian DVDs won't play in my DVD player. :rolleyes:

fpOnly if they're French-Canadian. :wink:

april_wino1
11-26-2004, 12:24 PM
This bugs me, too! As an American, this is a real hang-up for me. The Toronto Rocks DVD set is going to be released as two discs in Canada - but only one disc elsewhere. As soon as I heard that, I already feared that I knew what was going to be released on the Canada-only disc. That's right, it's the SARS Stock performances that were performed by the Canadian acts that are barely known outside of Canada - while the only Canadian acts that are on the international disc are the very well-known ones of Rush and the Guess Who. This just isn't fair!! I don't know who came up with the idea - but to whomever did, I would just love to give these people the riot act!! What do you think about this? These industry people really piss me off - like they think that non-Canadians are somehow unworthy of listening to the Canadian acts that are only known in Canada