How DO I cahnge The Aspect ratio? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How DO I cahnge The Aspect ratio?

John1974
12-02-2003, 08:57 PM
I read my othe post, I have the dvd player hooked up with Component on the Tv. It will only play what the dvd is set at example widscreen. I use the S video and I can have it anyway I want to watch it? Is this normal? How can I change it? The manual says "I cant use format" On the av4 and 5 which is the dvi port. I have the dvd player set at 16:9 and I triedit at 4:3. Any help? The black bars are huge on the screen.

recoveryone
12-03-2003, 08:30 AM
I read my othe post, I have the dvd player hooked up with Component on the Tv. It will only play what the dvd is set at example widscreen. I use the S video and I can have it anyway I want to watch it? Is this normal? How can I change it? The manual says "I cant use format" On the av4 and 5 which is the dvi port. I have the dvd player set at 16:9 and I triedit at 4:3. Any help? The black bars are huge on the screen.

John it sounds like you are having a hard time adjusting to this widescreen format. Take a step back, deep breath and relax, enjoy this TV for what it is. It takes a little time to get use to the widescreen look, but after while you won't notice the difference. As far 16:9/4:3 yes you are right about the DVD setting,but why would you want to view the 4:3 look on a widescreen TV. All you get is a centered picture with large black or grey bars on all sides. If you view a full screen DVD movie on your set it will not have any bars in the 16:9 format if this is the problem. Personally I like the widescreen movie, it gives me the feel of being at the movies. So its up to you, you can rent/buy full verison of movies and have no bars or just buy 1:20:1 widescreen verison if the info is listed on the back cover. But John, relax and enjoy its not like algebra (find the missing value of X) :) remember the software (DVD) drives the hardware (DVD player, TV) not the other way around. If the DVD is widescreen only, you may get black bars no matter what format you use. If the DVD is full screen, it will have no bars in 16:9 format, but will not show the full aspect as the movie was made. You will see/read message saying "this film has been modify to fit you screen". I hope this helps........and "CALM DOWN 2 SIX" from my favorite movie BHD