Cambridge Audio Azur 540A Question. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cambridge Audio Azur 540A Question.

Walker
06-30-2004, 08:55 AM
I received my Cambridge audio azur 540 a yesterday, Topspeed warned me for the first 50 hours so I'm not getting in to the disappointing sound. It needs quite some break in I understand.
Besides this I have some questions for CA azur owners.

1: Is it normal that the Treble and Bass knobs do hardly anything?

2: Te volume, treble and bass knobs have little blue dots on them, I thought that at least the volume knob would have a little light on it, mine does not, is this how it should be?

3: I have to turn the volume up till about 11 'o clock to get a decent volume, is this ok or are my speakers to demanding for this amp (B&W 603 s2)

Thanks for info,
Walker

robin_v
06-30-2004, 11:39 AM
I received my Cambridge audio azur 540 a yesterday, Topspeed warned me for the first 50 hours so I'm not getting in to the disappointing sound. It needs quite some break in I understand.
Besides this I have some questions for CA azur owners.

1: Is it normal that the Treble and Bass knobs do hardly anything?

Make sure that the tone bypass button isn't pressed in. If it is, it won't help no matter how far you turn the nobs.

2: Te volume, treble and bass knobs have little blue dots on them, I thought that at least the volume knob would have a little light on it, mine does not, is this how it should be?

According to Cambridge Audio, that's how it should be. I think that the neon version is much more expensive ;)

3: I have to turn the volume up till about 11 'o clock to get a decent volume, is this ok or are my speakers to demanding for this amp (B&W 603 s2)
Walker

That does seem quite high. How large is your listening room? The 603s should be just fine.
There is a speaker selector (near the phones plug) where you indicate whether you're using one or two outputs. This may effect the output level. Try turning the volume down before you test that?

Walker
06-30-2004, 11:55 AM
Thanks Robin V,
I called CA and was told that the bass and treble only makes a 3 db difference so that explains. It's a pitty that they didn't ad a little light on the volume knob, the light that indicate power and source are extremely bright though.
My HK is more powerfull so I guess I'll have to just turn it up more.
hope sound get's better after break in.

robin_v
06-30-2004, 12:09 PM
Just hang in there Walker - it's well worth the wait.