velodyne cht 15 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : velodyne cht 15

lynn2c
06-30-2004, 05:18 AM
I have a velodyne cht 15 at home on a 10 day trial. I was really looking at SVS, but the budget manager (wife) told me that I would have to wait a year to get the SVS PB2+ since there is a $700 difference. I've just started messing with this velodyne and so far it seems to do fairly well with HT. Music? Well, no opinion yet, but it seems alittle on the "boomy" side. My question...Does anyone really think there is a $700 difference in these subs? Do owners of the cht 15 like them? My choice would be to keep the velodyne and use the $700 on something else. Best choice? Keep the Velodyne, buy the PB2+ next year and run them both. Now that should sure piss the neighbors off

Wireworm5
06-30-2004, 06:26 AM
I don't have alot of experience with subs so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I have the CHT-10 which is far superior to my CV-LW10 which was boomy. I think more than likely you have overpowering bass for your size room which is why it sounds boomy. Try playing around with the settings and move it around the room and try to tame it.
my .02 cents

lynn2c
06-30-2004, 06:57 AM
My room is 14 x 30 with low, 7', ceilings.
I'm running this sub with psb Image 6t's for fronts which do pretty well in the bass area themselves

Bryan
06-30-2004, 07:04 AM
Why not return the CHT-15 and go with a used SVS PCi? If you have something other than your primary receiver to power it with a passive SVS or VMPS sub will work. The CHT line is Velodyne's cheapie line and isn't known for their clarity. Likely it is in the same price range as a HSU VTF-2 so you could go that route as well.