How do you burn a region 0 or any DVD but 1 into 1 DVDR? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How do you burn a region 0 or any DVD but 1 into 1 DVDR?

hershon
06-29-2004, 11:53 PM
Can you burn a region 0 or notregion 1 DVD (assume it is decrypted) into a region 1 DVDR? If so, can you do this with Nero software or is there other software (preferably free)
you can use?

I ask this because I just got a rare DVD of the oldies band The Walker Brothers, Region 0,
suppose to play on all systems, but the only DVD it will work right is the DVD on my computer. I'm thinking its because its not region 1 that its not playing right (on one of my DVD players, this DVD won't go beyond the first track and won't let you fast forward either and has no scene menu. On the other DVD the picture is scrambled though the sound is normal. On my computer it works OK) and I'd like to burn this to region 1. Any suggestions? Is there something on Nero that lets you set it to region 1 and if so where is it? Help!

uncooked
06-30-2004, 07:02 AM
try playing with video settings on that dvd player, most have ntsc and pal, if you switch between the two you may be lucky and the other one may work for that movie, ive come across the same thing and if i switched it to a one setting called variable it all works for everything.

mine was like the screen was blury and the screen rolled

Slosh
06-30-2004, 02:06 PM
DVD Shrink automatically removes the regional coding so burn a copy and it'll play fine of your regular DVD player. Am I feeling deja vu or did I not mention this before?

hershon
07-03-2004, 11:16 PM
Hi Slosh. I guess the reason I forgot about DVD SHrink's regions settings is that 1 or 2 of my DVD's (one was a clone) wouldn't open up on DVD Shrink to begin with- I got error messages and I'm not sure what file to use if I want to try to open up a Nero image (i.e. I burn the DVD to my hard drive on Nero under image setting). Any words of wisdom you have on the subject is appreciated. Thanks