Regarding the *silver* Yamaha 5760.. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the *silver* Yamaha 5760..

ronning
06-29-2004, 12:33 PM
From Yamaha sales support:

"Olen,
There will not be a silver version sold in the United States. If you
have any more questions please feel free to contact us.
Sincerely
Ken
kingrum@yamaha.com "

Why? Are Europeans supposed to be the only ones with fashion sense?

Whatever.. I'll just tear off the faceplate and paint it or something ;-)

-Olen

nick4433
06-29-2004, 12:49 PM
I did not know equipment color was that important. Try the Denon 2805 in silver.

woodman
06-29-2004, 01:26 PM
From Yamaha sales support:

"Olen,
There will not be a silver version sold in the United States. If you
have any more questions please feel free to contact us.
Sincerely
Ken
kingrum@yamaha.com "

Why? Are Europeans supposed to be the only ones with fashion sense?

Whatever.. I'll just tear off the faceplate and paint it or something ;-)

-Olen

There IS one model (and only one) in the HTR line that comes in silver ... the HTR 5750

Perhaps this one would suit your needs, and would cost you far less than the Denon 2805 that nick suggested. In addition, Yamaha is a far more consumer-friendly company than what Denon has become, IMO.

Hope this helps

eqm
06-29-2004, 02:52 PM
Yamaha is a far more consumer-friendly company than what Denon has become, IMO.

Hope this helps

not a confrontational question...but i'd like to know how you came to this conclusion...? :confused:

woodman
06-29-2004, 05:11 PM
not a confrontational question...but i'd like to know how you came to this conclusion...? :confused:

Because I'm what would be called an "industry insider" ... having worked in the biz for better than half a century! Denon used to be a Japanese owned and operated company, and as such was consumer oriented (like most all Japanese companies are). Then, they were sold to a group of New York investment bankers. The moves that they've taken since they took over tell me just where their priorities lie ... and it's NOT with doing whatever it takes to make the customer happy. The priorities now are - what can we do to MAXIMIZE profits? They're taking the typical American position on business - which is vastly different from the Japanese counterparts.

Understand?

ronning
06-29-2004, 05:24 PM
There IS one model (and only one) in the HTR line that comes in silver ... the HTR 5750

Perhaps this one would suit your needs, and would cost you far less than the Denon 2805 that nick suggested. In addition, Yamaha is a far more consumer-friendly company than what Denon has become, IMO.

Hope this helps

It's not that big a deal, it's just kind of irritating when, coming from a designer's perspective, I spend lots of time creating aesthetically beautiful products and for myself custom-designed furniture and a/v racks and such. It's just sad to see such a great product look so ugly. (and why that orange display color?)

I've seen the 5750 and I'm debating between it and the 5760 and the Sony 1000es. The 50 has everything I *need*.. but the others are so much more tempting..... The 5760 really is the best one, IMO.

Thanks,

Olen