Choosing a stereo system in India (Sonodyne or Norge)? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Choosing a stereo system in India (Sonodyne or Norge)?

parsh78
06-28-2004, 09:47 PM
Hi,

I am Parag from Bombay. I am looking for a budget component system.

I have norrowed down to
1. Sonodyne Sonus 1601 with Sonodyne 100w RMS stereo integrated amp....
2. and a Norge model 80 speakers with Norge 42w RMS amp.

If anyone have experience with these speakers or amps please share them with me.....

It will help me take proper decision.

Thank you.

Parag

manek
06-30-2004, 08:40 PM
hi parag....between the two which do you prefer ?
try pulz as well...you may like it.

Sonodyne has been in the business for long in India and their systems are good for the money. They have also been decently rated in AV max. I have heard the sonodyne in Bombay briefly but have not heard norge. Sonodyne sounded a harsh in the mids to me and had to lower the mid-range from thier amp. it just may be the amp and not the speakers. Did not have another amp to check it out.

hertz
07-01-2004, 03:39 AM
Dude,
Tell me your budget and how much you are willing to stretch it to get a good value for money system.
I have heard sonodyne systems.I don't remember the models.I have compared their flagship speakers (one and a half years back) to comparably priced speakers from wharfedale.There is no competition.Sonodyne still has a long way to go.Bad mids, shrill highs, bad driver integration, thuddy, lumpy bass without definition..the list goes on.I have not heard their latest models...Pulz makes good amps.If you can stretch your budget, go for a NAD 320BEE at 19k.You will never regret it.You could get a decent pair of bookshelf speakers from Mission, wharfedale, morduant short etc... for around 14k.

StevieRayN00b
07-01-2004, 09:18 PM
14k Usd!?!

hertz
07-01-2004, 11:09 PM
14 K indian rupees (around 300 USD)

hertz
07-01-2004, 11:10 PM
14 K indian rupees (around 300 USD).The poster is in India

parsh78
07-07-2004, 10:45 PM
Yeah my budget is between 10-14K for this system...

Hertz tell me which speakers of sonodyne did u try???? satelite & sub or the floorstanders?

hertz
07-08-2004, 02:10 AM
14k INR for the entire system is difficult unless you go the DIY route.
I listened to their flagship floor standing speakers which arrived before their sonus range.I have not listened to the sonus range.They seem to be getting good reviews.The speakers I listened to was around 19k INR for a pair.I didn't like them at all.If you have any specific queries, mail me at vinny515@yahoo.com.I am in bangalore.