Does anyone own a Loewe television? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone own a Loewe television?

acqui
06-28-2004, 03:42 PM
Someone suggested I look into these German televisions but I was wondering if anyone owns one and what their price ranges are? I am not sure about their reputation, quality etc

kdogg
08-04-2004, 12:30 AM
They make the best Tube TVs (Aconda 38) and one of the coolest DLPs (Articos 55) in the world.

I do not own one, but I have worked at a store that carried them, and they are awesome. No problems that I have heard of, all solid and well built. All tvs also include a very cool menu system with connection guide built into the tv.

grampi
08-04-2004, 03:26 AM
Sounds like a company all other TV manufacturers should take notice of. It also sounds like Loewe is a breath of fresh air amoung today's trend of building as cheaply as possible and providing as little warranty as possible. What type of warranty do the Loewe TV's come with?

kpzbee
08-04-2004, 05:33 AM
They make the best Tube TVs (Aconda 38) and one of the coolest DLPs (Articos 55) in the world.

I do not own one, but I have worked at a store that carried them, and they are awesome. No problems that I have heard of, all solid and well built. All tvs also include a very cool menu system with connection guide built into the tv.

I was doing some research on the net about these & found some very mixed reviews. I've seen a few of them & they do have the most awesome picture I've ever seen. Their CRT makes a plasma set look bad but when they need repair, that's when it gets ugly. A lot of the reviews I read, said that when they work, they're the best. To get one repaired, supposedly the customer support is terrible. No parts in the US seems to be one issue & bad boards seem to be another popular concern. For what these sets cost, I'm not sure I feel comfortable that much coin with such mediocre reviews. :(

kdogg
08-04-2004, 07:54 AM
Three year manufacturer warranty.

As far as parts and availibility, pretty similar to any foriegn based electronics firm, a couple weeks to get parts from Germany. If you are in a major city, there should be a servicing dealer or tv service center near by.