Control 1's [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Control 1's

Boy Lover
06-27-2004, 03:10 PM
What are the difference compairing the Control 1 and Control 1 X?? Like do they sound the same?? I have is the orginal Control 1 from JBL pro. I always wondered about this.

Boy Lover
06-27-2004, 06:20 PM
Heres the speakers I have My speakers Control 1 (http://www.jblpro.com/pages/recording/control.htm)

Heres the other one Control 1X (http://jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.asp?ProdId=CONTROL1XTREME&SerId=COS&sCatId=)

This Guy
06-27-2004, 06:56 PM
Seriously ,you can't answer that question yourself? I mean you did just post the specs, one has a 5" woofer, one has a 4" woofer. They have different tweeters. DIfferent boxes. Different sensitivities. Different sound...

Boy Lover
06-27-2004, 08:01 PM
The enclousures are the same though just I see is that the X has the titanium done but is that better? Mine is Poly dome as you see in the pro. I can say they are identical.

Boy Lover
06-27-2004, 08:08 PM
I do know that other JBL recording speakers are titanium so I thought maybe the X is better since it has that. Mine is clear blackish colored since its poly. Do you guys think the Polys are better? or titanium

RGA
06-27-2004, 11:16 PM
Why don;t you listen to them and find out - it is mere speculation that one would be better than the other - and there is certainly no gaurantee that the newer one is better - quite often newer ones are worse because they attempt to cheap out - more competition means you have to sell your product for less every few years. They will claim it's better technology - and sometimes that's the case - it can also be the case that they have to cut another corner.

No one can say it's better until they hear it and it will still only be that person's opinion.

If you love JBL so much why not try and find the L 90 someplace - This was supposed to be one of their best speakers circa 1996 - said to be coloured in the midrange but ha lots of low end bass and dynaimics and power. Described in Hi-fi Choice as having plenty of gusto and enthusiasm and rocks.