Good HT / A/V Stores in Seattle ?? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Good HT / A/V Stores in Seattle ??

ronning
06-26-2004, 12:49 PM
I'm working down in Seattle, WA for the summer and as some of you may have noticed from my other threads I'm the market for a new dvd player and new receiver. I'd like to audition some of these, but generic stores like Best Buy or Magnolia HiFi don't always have the equipment i'd like to test.

Any cool stores in Seattle I should check out?

Thanks,

Olen

ronning
06-28-2004, 03:50 PM
Maybe i should be more specific. I'm just looking for middle/higher quality models like Yamaha and Sony receivers. I'm also looking for standard brand (Samsung, Sony, Toshiba, etc) dvd players.

Anywhere that may have a larger selection, discounts, factory-direct deals, etc etc in the greater Seattle area would be great.

Thanks!!!

-Olen

Woochifer
06-29-2004, 11:19 AM
Basically, you're looking for a place that will sell you something for cheap. Magnolia Hi-Fi's not a generic store in that they carry a lot of high end components there, and try to avoid stocking the same models as Circuit City or Best Buy. Good Guys' stuff is comparable to what you find at Magnolia. From looking at your list, you are mostly choosing from the types of items that CC and BB typically carry. So, it really comes down to price.

Your best bet is to just flip through the phone book and newspaper when you arrive in Seattle and start dealing at those stores that you visit. Independent stores will give you the best odds for striking a great deal, but don't get a sense of entitlement either. Chain stores are usually pretty restricted as to how much discounting they can do. If you want the best deal, look for closeout items.

ronning
06-29-2004, 12:29 PM
Basically, you're looking for a place that will sell you something for cheap. Magnolia Hi-Fi's not a generic store in that they carry a lot of high end components there, and try to avoid stocking the same models as Circuit City or Best Buy. Good Guys' stuff is comparable to what you find at Magnolia. From looking at your list, you are mostly choosing from the types of items that CC and BB typically carry. So, it really comes down to price.

Your best bet is to just flip through the phone book and newspaper when you arrive in Seattle and start dealing at those stores that you visit. Independent stores will give you the best odds for striking a great deal, but don't get a sense of entitlement either. Chain stores are usually pretty restricted as to how much discounting they can do. If you want the best deal, look for closeout items.

Thanks Woochifer.

I also found a Fry's not too far away which was really cool. I went to the Magnolia HiFi (started here) and was impressed, but they're stuff is pretty much out of my league, budgetary-wise.