Window covers - Sound proof [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Window covers - Sound proof

brian_tr
06-25-2004, 09:40 PM
I have a window unit air conditioner in my bedroom window. I am up late nights and have just installed a home theater in there. I went outside just to see how loud it was out there and it you could hear it clearly. I think most of it is coming from the sides between the air conditioner and the window frame. What could I use to put in the window to help block the sound? My windows in my living room are single pane and I would also like to put something in them to.

F1
06-26-2004, 04:38 AM
I think the best you can do is to seal whatever air leak around the AC/windows with some sealant either putty or rubber tape seal depending on the leak location.

brian_tr
06-26-2004, 05:35 AM
There is about 10" on either side of the unit that just has the flexible covering that comes with the air conditioner on it. I was looking on internet and seen something about egg crate foam. May give that a try.

I think the best you can do is to seal whatever air leak around the AC/windows with some sealant either putty or rubber tape seal depending on the leak location.