Listening to radio while playing games [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Listening to radio while playing games

douglasbjordan
06-25-2004, 05:08 AM
Occasionally while playing video games I like to turn the game volume off and listen to the radio or music. I will soon have a Denon 2805 receiver and connect the game system up to it via component video. The problem is that if I switch the receiver source to Tuner or another audio source, the game display will disappear. Anyone have any ideas on how to get the receiver to continue displaying video while audio is coming from a different source? I think the Monitor Out might work, but it looks like it's s-video only, and I don't think the receiver will downscale component output to s-video.

There's an instruction manual online for the receiver here:
http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/pdfs/AVR2805%20DFU.pdf

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Monstrous Mike
06-25-2004, 08:03 AM
Occasionally while playing video games I like to turn the game volume off and listen to the radio or music. I will soon have a Denon 2805 receiver and connect the game system up to it via component video. The problem is that if I switch the receiver source to Tuner or another audio source, the game display will disappear. Anyone have any ideas on how to get the receiver to continue displaying video while audio is coming from a different source? I think the Monitor Out might work, but it looks like it's s-video only, and I don't think the receiver will downscale component output to s-video.

There's an instruction manual online for the receiver here:
http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/pdfs/AVR2805%20DFU.pdf

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Like my Yamaha receiver, your receiver can play any audio source while watching any video source. In other words, you select TUNER to listen to the radio and then scroll through the video outputs on the receiver until you are viewing your game. Piece of cake.

douglasbjordan
06-25-2004, 09:06 AM
Like my Yamaha receiver, your receiver can play any audio source while watching any video source. In other words, you select TUNER to listen to the radio and then scroll through the video outputs on the receiver until you are viewing your game. Piece of cake.

It worked. Thanks!