PDA

View Full Version : ProAc Speakers

tkyong1
06-24-2004, 06:14 PM
Just purchased the following new upgrade: :D :D

Primare I20 Int.Amp + ProAc Studio 125.

Question : Run-in Speakers :roll:

1. Dealer advise to run-in the speaker by:
- initial run-in using piano solo (due to wide keys diff - Low to High).
- second stage run-in using jazz (acoustic music).
- final stage run-in using whatever i want (pop + rock the last).

2. Estimated Run-in Time suggested 100-200 hours depend on volume of playing. :cry:

I think the above suggestion make sense but need second opinion.

I really need your opinion on proper run-in cause the dealer told that ProAc will sound amazing with Proper Run-in.

Thanks.

Worf101
06-24-2004, 06:22 PM
Some folks believe that a speaker is not a machine with metal parts that must or should be "worn in" to a proper fit. Speakers are NOT that complex. Just play them they'll be fine.

Da Worfster

topspeed
06-24-2004, 08:38 PM
Just purchased the following new upgrade: :D :D

Primare I20 Int.Amp + ProAc Studio 125.

Question : Run-in Speakers :roll:

1. Dealer advise to run-in the speaker by:
- initial run-in using piano solo (due to wide keys diff - Low to High).
- second stage run-in using jazz (acoustic music).
- final stage run-in using whatever i want (pop + rock the last).

2. Estimated Run-in Time suggested 100-200 hours depend on volume of playing. :cry:

I think the above suggestion make sense but need second opinion.

I really need your opinion on proper run-in cause the dealer told that ProAc will sound amazing with Proper Run-in.

Thanks.

Like the speakers will know the difference between solo piano and jazz?? To paraphrase a line in T3 (cue best Ah-nuld impersonation) "They...are...a machine!" It's all electricity to them friend so don't think so hard, just play what you like and enjoy the trip as your brain and your speakers become accustomed to each other. I'm not saying speakers don't break-in because my personal feeling is they do, however I truly believe a vast majority of the "break-in" period has more to do with psychoacoustics than actual mechanics.

Very nice speakers you've got there. A solid system that should bring you decades of enjoyment...so what are you waiting for? Start up that rig!

Have fun!