DVD-R and CDR-s, are sound/picture qualities same no matter the brand [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : DVD-R and CDR-s, are sound/picture qualities same no matter the brand

hershon
06-24-2004, 11:51 AM
I've never noticed any difference in the sound quality of a CD-R no matter what the brand. Does the same hold true in regards to picture & sound on DVD-R's or are some brands better or worse than others?

magictooth
06-24-2004, 11:57 AM
I've never noticed any difference in the sound quality of a CD-R no matter what the brand. Does the same hold true in regards to picture & sound on DVD-R's or are some brands better or worse than others?
Your player may or may not be able to read the different brands of DVD-Rs. That's the only difference that I've seen.

hershon
06-24-2004, 10:55 PM
Thanks So far I haven't had any problems with CDRs or DVD's being read and the quality is the same as the cheapest to the most expensive. Until anyone tells me the quality is better or worse on a brand, I'm going for the cheapest one. The weird thing is when cassettes- are they still around?, were prevalent their were significant differences in quality by brand.

Your player may or may not be able to read the different brands of DVD-Rs. That's the only difference that I've seen.

N. Abstentia
06-25-2004, 12:18 AM
There should be no differences in the data that is burned onto the disc. It's digital, either it works or it don't. The quality difference is in the media, cheaper discs are prone to burn errors, won't last as long, and some players won't read them. But with Ritek discs (the best there is) at around $.80 each, why get the crap discs?