A Brief History of Party Balloons [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A Brief History of Party Balloons

georgeeee
11-05-2020, 08:06 AM
Wholesale balloons suppliers have been making events of all kinds more special and more fun for generations. But what is the history of the ubiquitous balloon? The very first latex balloon was born way back in 1824! A college professor named Michael Faraday, experimenting with gases and their thresholds, fixed two sheets of rubber into an airtight pocket and filled them with a range of gases. Today, party balloons are most commonly inflated with helium, although carbon dioxide is very prominent as well: that’s the air we exhale when we blow up balloons. Read on to learn more about the history of balloons, from Faraday’s early experiment through the billions of balloons sold today by wholesale balloons suppliers.
Bladder BalloonsFaraday may be the father of the rubber balloon, but balloons were born way before his billowing experiment. The first balloons were animal bladders! Yes, that’s what we mean by bladders. The air-tight, water-tight organs were dried and used for a number of liquid gases, from water to whiskey and wine. Not our first choice for a vessel, but they served for hundreds and hundreds of years.
Emerging BalloonsProfessor Faraday’s invention paved the way for the mass manufacture of latex balloons by wholesale balloons suppliers. The earliest marketed balloons were of the DIY variety: an inventor and manufacturer named Thomas Hancock sold a kit that included liquid latex and a syringe for application. Crafty. That was 1825: one year after Faraday’s fateful inflation. Around the turn of the century, balloons that you didn’t have to mold yourself were widely sold in the US by the first proper wholesale balloons suppliers. The very first inflatable latex balloons rolled off of whatever latex balloons roll off of in 1907, and shortly thereafter, air-filled balloons were being sold at events. Their popularity ballooned in the roaring twenties and they have been a staple of celebrations and parties and mediocre clowns ever since.
Modern BalloonsThe balloons we are most familiar with today are made from a natural liquid rubber known as latex. The Rubber Tree, which gives us most of the rubber used in all kinds of manufacturing, produces a sap-based latex. The latex is treated at manufacturing plants, and processed, shaped, and colored into the balloons we know and love. Producing balloons with rubber tree latex is eco-friendly, as well. Rubber Trees are left intact to produce more and more latex, which decreases deforestation in vulnerable rainforests where Rubber Trees are native. A Rubber Tree can produce latex for as long as forty years!
Balloons TodayToday, balloons are made by the millions daily. There are billions of them floating around, and they are almost everywhere. There are nearly as many designs, sizes, shapes, and purposes as you can imagine. Wholesale balloons suppliers sell up to 50 million balloons each year in California alone!

vickyi
11-06-2020, 01:29 AM
Thanks for this informative article here. Besides, I also wanted to share with you these happy birthday mylar balloons (https://www.fastballoons.com/en/19-birthday-balloons) in case someone here needs them. I love exactly that service because they deliver everything incredibly fast so just go there and check everything there. I wish you all good luck

Clark Roberts
01-10-2021, 02:43 AM
it is very interesting. I really love to explore history in general.

Denver Sanchez
01-10-2021, 02:44 AM
I am also fond of history. Are you just a fan of history or do you research it professionally?

Clark Roberts
01-10-2021, 02:46 AM
I am in graduate school now and research history professionally.

AntonioBBS
01-13-2021, 04:24 AM
Hi man and welcome to the forum. You have a cool idea with this party balloons. Do you also have balloons suitable for the wedding reception? We are throwing a party in three months and my wife-to-be wants something special. I found her through hookup dating sites reviews (https://datingseeks.com/best-hookup-dating-sites/) and we are so indecently happy now. She is a great cook and absolutely stunning in bed! So I recommend you to check this website out too.

Clark Roberts
01-23-2021, 08:18 AM
it's very interesting, thanks

Denver Sanchez
01-23-2021, 08:18 AM
I am in graduate school now and research history professionally.

It's great that you study history academically. I am also fond of history and especially love the history of colonialism and colonists. At https://gradesfixer.com/free-essay-examples/why-did-so-many-colonist-die-in-early-jamestown/ I read a very interesting essay about the deaths of many colonists in early Jamestown in 1607-1609 years. It all started in the spring of 1607 when 3 English ships on board which were about 110 people entered the Chesapeake Bay. The story ended tragically. I advise you to read about it. What historical period do you like best?

Mikolp
08-15-2022, 06:46 AM
Thank you all for such fascinating stories! I'm a big fan of balloons myself and buy them in stock for almost a month ahead of time.

Boluker
08-15-2022, 06:52 AM
Balloons for a party are a pretty great way to make great decorations for the event. I go to parties quite often, as I don't like to sit at home doing nothing. I like to have fun and talk to different people, as well as find new acquaintances. I noticed that at one of these parties there were balloons in the form of numbers https://balloons.online/numbers-balloons/ . I really liked them. Balloons often just burst, but the balloons that were at that party, if I'm not mistaken, lasted a very long time.