Hello out there [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hello out there

allears
06-23-2004, 11:15 PM
This new format is very new to me, so I'm attempting to post and we'll see how it goes.

I just checked the site tonight after a prolonged absence and there are a lot of familiar names still posting. What got me to check back is the lack of musical diversity where I live and the fact that I miss the manilla envelopes stuffed with CDs. Not to mention the associated critiques and occasional banter encoutered here!

So, I'll push the 'submit thread' button and see what happens.

allears

Finch Platte
06-24-2004, 04:49 AM
I miss the manilla envelopes stuffed with CDs.

allears

Can I send you an envelope full of the stuff I offered that no one wanted?

fp

-Jar-
06-24-2004, 05:55 AM
This new format is very new to me, so I'm attempting to post and we'll see how it goes.

I just checked the site tonight after a prolonged absence and there are a lot of familiar names still posting. What got me to check back is the lack of musical diversity where I live and the fact that I miss the manilla envelopes stuffed with CDs. Not to mention the associated critiques and occasional banter encoutered here!

allears

Welcome back! Long time, no read!

-jar

allears
06-24-2004, 07:53 AM
Can I send you an envelope full of the stuff I offered that no one wanted?

fp

I always tried to avoid your stuff...

(Attempted to insert one of those smiley faces on the right but nothing happened)

Absolutely! I lost all the old addresses when I switched to a Mac but perhaps you still have mine? I really haven't haven't done any music burning but I when I do, I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

Thanks,
Steve

Davey
06-24-2004, 08:29 AM
Hey Newbie! Nice to see you back. Let me catch you up on some of the latest....

OK, you're all caught up! Hehehe, just kidding. Let me see, Troy is now world famous with his books and CD covers and computer music and TV appearances so be careful cause if his head gets any bigger it might explode, YECH has been banned again for being crude and rude, Snowbunny doesn't come around anymore, Dave G. still listens only to silly prog and proudly proclaims it better than sex on a regular basis, yours truly sometimes posts under different monikers besides Davey (I know, shocking), Jar has a baby Jar, Slosh claims to have a girlfriend but we still have our doubts, Tricky Ricky RPM now posts under the silly newtrix name but still wears kneehigh socks with his shorts, our last group comp CRSV9 didn't suck at all even though JDaniel put it together, Demetrio only stops by when the moon is full and blue (hmmm, wonder what <i>that</i> means), Finchy still gets no respect but has agreed to stay as our RR mascot, Dusty still posts about a bunch of music that we suspect he is making up since no one else has ever heard any of it, Jim Clark finally got a "real" job so no longer does floors and windows, chrisnz hates Franz Ferdinand but I think they're cool, Stone finally won a case so got drunk and played some Devo, nobody got a new job and is moving, I saw a small rodent explode from the heat yesterday, and the Honeydogs made one of the best albums you're likely to hear in 2004 so if you wanna get up to date and be cool make sure you get a copy of <i>10,000 Years</i> ;)

Welcome back

Troy
06-24-2004, 08:42 AM
Yes, all my home's doorways required enlarging to accomodate my severely swolen head.

Welcome home, ears.

tentoze
06-24-2004, 08:54 AM
Welcome back, Steve.

Dave_G
06-24-2004, 09:43 AM
Well,

Like Davey was saying.

Whew! He covered it all.

However, I also like prog/rap/metal/synth/blues/jass/dance style prog too. That's the genre of Troys new stuff he cooks up on his machine.

Dave

Troy
06-24-2004, 12:29 PM
By the way, Davey, a "Blue Moon" is when there are 2 full moons in the same month. The second one is Blue.

BarryL
06-24-2004, 12:40 PM

allears

Sorry I haven't been paying more attention, but I hadn't noticed you were missing.

Welcome back. Good news on that Mac. Keeps driving that share price up! Now get ye an iPod.

Davey
06-24-2004, 12:45 PM
By the way, Davey, a "Blue Moon" is when there are 2 full moons in the same month. The second one is Blue.
Thanks for the info, although I already knew that. What I meant to convey with the (hmmm, wonder what <i>that</i> means) was the image of a Brazilian werewolf or something shadowy and mysterious like that. Only comes out when the moon is full, but even more rare to see him now. Yeah, I know, just because I think it doesn't make it show up in the words I write. Maybe I do need professional help.

BTW, I listened to that Steak Sandwich song you posted and it's pretty cool. I think it could use a bit more in the background though. Seems a little under developed. Needs a bit of shimmer and sparkle. Nice job though :)

Dusty Chalk
06-24-2004, 04:44 PM

OK, you're all caught up! Hehehe, just kidding. Let me see, Troy is now world famous with his books and CD covers and computer music and TV appearances so be careful cause if his head gets any bigger it might explode, YECH has been banned again for being crude and rude, Snowbunny doesn't come around anymore, Dave G. still listens only to silly prog and proudly proclaims it better than sex on a regular basis, yours truly sometimes posts under different monikers besides Davey (I know, shocking), Jar has a baby Jar, Slosh claims to have a girlfriend but we still have our doubts, Tricky Ricky RPM now posts under the silly newtrix name but still wears kneehigh socks with his shorts, our last group comp CRSV9 didn't suck at all even though JDaniel put it together, Demetrio only stops by when the moon is full and blue (hmmm, wonder what <i>that</i> means), Finchy still gets no respect but has agreed to stay as our RR mascot, Dusty still posts about a bunch of music that we suspect he is making up since no one else has ever heard any of it, Jim Clark finally got a "real" job so no longer does floors and windows, chrisnz hates Franz Ferdinand but I think they're cool, Stone finally won a case so got drunk and played some Devo, nobody got a new job and is moving, I saw a small rodent explode from the heat yesterday, and the Honeydogs made one of the best albums you're likely to hear in 2004 so if you wanna get up to date and be cool make sure you get a copy of <i>10,000 Years</i> ;)

Welcome backOMG, if that's not the funniest thing I've ever read on this board...thanks for the laugh Davey...

One thing I would add: we still have at least our one token rock chick (and I think two, but the other mostly lurks). I would make fun of the pathetic St. Louis meet, but people already think I'm mean.

Stone
06-24-2004, 07:18 PM
Hey allears, good to see you back.

allears
06-25-2004, 07:38 AM

Welcome back

You sure hit all the highlights for me, and made me laugh as well.

I knew about Troys sucksess as I actually purchased his book from him and also saw he illustrated another book. As far as head circumference goes, I'm sure it is massive, and perhaps has a few moons in orbit. Congrats on all your hard work.

Has Yech really been banned? I suspect, like all good (and bad) horror movies, the villian isn't really dead at the end :)

What is JCs new profession?

Congrats to the baby Jar as well.

It seems there are a few new names around here, which is good to see.

Nice to hear about all you guys again,
Steve

Slosh
06-25-2004, 07:57 AM
Snowbunny doesn't come around anymore
It would be nice to have an occasional Snowflake in summer. Anyone know specifically why she tired of us? (What's it gonna take to get you to come out of lurking, S.C.? :) )

Slosh claims to have a girlfriend but we still have our doubts
Correction: girlfriends, but only one has been putting up with me as of late ;)

Yes, welcome back Steve!

Oh, I forgot there was a new Wilco album released this week. I'll fix that oversight today.

NP: The Dismemberment Plan - Emergency And I (it is summer, afterall :) )

audiobill
06-27-2004, 04:36 AM
Welcome back Steve. Once you get used to this format, it will become like days of yore!!

Cheers, Bill