Strange Transmissions [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Strange Transmissions

tentoze
06-23-2004, 09:28 PM
Finaly got around to spinning Mike's comp of the referred title- damn, son, you have the knack! Lots of stuff off my radar- and all of it fine. The Cure tune is awesome, as is the Butterfly Jones and Widespread Panic- as far as I've gotten so far. Transitions are better than anything I've ever heard. U da man from where I sit in the desert NA!

tentoze
06-23-2004, 09:36 PM
Update: That Slobberbone cut is KILLER!

Mike
06-24-2004, 01:13 AM
I think I sent you two comps and I remember thinking the other one might strike more of a chord with you but so long as you like what you hear. I’ve still got lots of artists on my wishlist from your comps I’m on the lookout for.

Whilst I’m here I should throw out some thanks for comps I’ve recently received.

From RPM for his mixed comp, thanks Rick nice comp it saw some play on Sunday on a lazy afternoon in the garden.

From Mason Piano One and When The Sunshine Fades Away. Two really good comps right up my street full of great artists like mojave3, 16 horsepower and my faves Elysian Fields. Actually after reading Jar’s rave about Hum – Downward is Heavenward I’ve just ordered it now I'm thinking I should order some more Hum.

JDaniel for a copy of CRSV9 and Eric Claptons latest. CRSV9 I think is one of the best group efforts and the Clapton really surprised me it’s good. Actually Davey had already sent me a copy of CRSV9 so I’ve passed it onto a grateful friend who can’t get over why I got it for free – “you mean people just send you these for free” he keeps asking what the catch is.

Anybody else sorry if I’ve forgotten you…

As for the transitions I do tend to go overboard on them. Old Wavey Davey dbi got me into them and now I can’t make up a comp without doing them. I remember as a kid making up tapes and I always liked to try and get the tracks to run into one another. I guess they are not to everybody’s taste and to some just downright annoying but at the end of the day, as I think Jim once said, I do these comps for me and if somebody else likes them it’s a bonus!

Cheers
Mike

tentoze
06-24-2004, 05:05 AM
I think I sent you two comps and I remember thinking the other one might strike more of a chord with you but so long as you like what you hear. I’ve still got lots of artists on my wishlist from your comps I’m on the lookout for.

Whilst I’m here I should throw out some thanks for comps I’ve recently received.

From RPM for his mixed comp, thanks Rick nice comp it saw some play on Sunday on a lazy afternoon in the garden.

From Mason Piano One and When The Sunshine Fades Away. Two really good comps right up my street full of great artists like mojave3, 16 horsepower and my faves Elysian Fields. Actually after reading Jar’s rave about Hum – Downward is Heavenward I’ve just ordered it now I'm thinking I should order some more Hum.

JDaniel for a copy of CRSV9 and Eric Claptons latest. CRSV9 I think is one of the best group efforts and the Clapton really surprised me it’s good. Actually Davey had already sent me a copy of CRSV9 so I’ve passed it onto a grateful friend who can’t get over why I got it for free – “you mean people just send you these for free” he keeps asking what the catch is.

As for the transitions I do tend to go overboard on them. Old Wavey Davey dbi got me into them and now I can’t make up a comp without doing them. I remember as a kid making up tapes and I always liked to try and get the tracks to run into one another. I guess they are not to everybody’s taste and to some just downright annoying but at the end of the day, as I think Jim once said, I do these comps for me and if somebody else likes them it’s a bonus!

Cheers
Mike

Yup, the other one, Brides Of Neptune, is fine as well!

-Jar-
06-24-2004, 06:03 AM

Cheers
Mike

hey Mike,
Got your package.. have not had time to spin them yet... it's been crazy around my house the past month. We had a tree go down in our back yard about a month ago, destroying the kids' swing set.. so we've had to get a new swing set, install it, then clean up the mess.. which is ongoing. I hope to have some time for music this weekend.

Take care,
Mason