DVI HD cable brand.. be nice I'm a virgin [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : DVI HD cable brand.. be nice I'm a virgin

dutch123
06-21-2004, 07:57 PM
HD receiver connecting to a direct view monitor. Obvious DVI cable needed. I have no clue as to cable brands and qualities and or reputations. So, that being said, I can add that, yes, if a better quality product improves performance I'm ready to listen.

PS thanks for the "banana plug" go round-very helpful.

Dutch

mtrycraft
06-21-2004, 08:05 PM
HD receiver connecting to a direct view monitor. Obvious DVI cable needed. I have no clue as to cable brands and qualities and or reputations. So, that being said, I can add that, yes, if a better quality product improves performance I'm ready to listen.

Dutch

Nope, you don't need to spend top dollars, nor medium ones for that matter. Any brand that is reasonable. Shop by price.

Beckman
06-24-2004, 11:36 AM
Nope, you don't need to spend top dollars, nor medium ones for that matter. Any brand that is reasonable. Shop by price.

I would suggest the same. :)

More expensive cables have not been proven to provide better sound/video.

woodman
06-25-2004, 11:23 AM

Dutch

I will try my best to be "nice" ... but, from the way that you word your query, I fail to see just why you say " ... obvious DVI cable needed". For starters, does your "direct-view monitor" even have a DVI input jack on it's backside? Does your "HD receiver" have a DVI output jack on it's backside? Unless the answer to both of these Qs is yes, you sure don't have an obvious need for a DVI cable ... in fact, you cannot even use such a thing. Before we can talk about different brands and quality of different cables, we need to establish that you even need one at all. OK?