Used speakers/equipment [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Used speakers/equipment

AZHT
06-21-2004, 10:13 AM
Can anyone tell me of a reputable place(s) to look online for good condition used speakers & audio equipment?

Bryan
06-21-2004, 10:49 AM
Here, HTF, Audiogon, etc. to name a few. It depends upon what you want to spend and what you are looking for.

kfalls
06-22-2004, 04:29 AM
I would try ebay. As long as you know what you're looking for, there's no reason you can't find a good deal. Ebay has a great selection, moreso than the other on-line auctions like ubid, or half.com. I've found some great deals on speakers, cables, amplifiers, etc. You do need to be careful and be sure to check feedback of the seller. I also try to steer away from items sold by Pawn shops and communicate with the seller whenever possible. You can tell by talking/emailing someone if they know what they're talking about, or if they are selling stuff they've found in yard sales, or flea markets.

Worf101
06-22-2004, 05:43 AM
I've bought gear from Audiogon and Ebay and have had little troubles on either. I've some great used/vintage speakers that make me smile every time I hear them. Just bet with yourhead and not over it and you'll be fine. Use feedback as a guide and use this website to check the various models and you'll do okay.

Da Worfster :D