started a new HT in the basement [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : started a new HT in the basement

Tarheel_
03-22-2019, 06:06 PM
we sold our house last year and with it the whole HT system...it included Revel F30s, the center was a M20 and surrounds Infinity Primus bookshelf speakers. Great sound.

With this new basement, i wanted to go cheaper to see what i could get for less money. Well, i found a pair of PSB Image T6 floor standers. Always read great reviews on PSB and wanted to own a pair. So, i found this pair for $200 bucks...had to drive a while, but wow....

They are incredible...the sound coming from the speaker box is insane. They sound much larger then they are and go deep on the bass. At this time i do not have a center channel so I used my Marantz 7007 to create a phantom center and boy does it work well.

I should mention the surrounds are Polk speakers i purchased years ago. They do the job, but are average at best.

I have not been on this site for years and just wanted to drop in and add something new. I hope to add as more pieces are played.

TheHills44060
05-03-2019, 06:54 AM
Nice pickup Tarheel. A friend of mine has PSB Image 4T's, granted they are a generation behind your Images, but they sound great so I hear what you are saying. Years and years ago my dream speakers were PSB Stratus Golds but I ended up going a different direction.

Tarheel_
06-03-2019, 08:48 AM
Nice pickup Tarheel. A friend of mine has PSB Image 4T's, granted they are a generation behind your Images, but they sound great so I hear what you are saying. Years and years ago my dream speakers were PSB Stratus Golds but I ended up going a different direction.

Thanks...I almost pulled the trigger years ago on a pair of Stratus Silver i's that were local, but it did not work out.

new update. I just purchased a set of book shelf Image 5Bs. I'm using one for the center channel. Took a while to find them as they are scare in the used market. Having a dedicated center does sound better, but the phantom speaker was doing great.
Any one can find these Image speakers used for cheap should grab a pair. Super buy!

rondello
07-23-2019, 10:39 PM
Nice choice. My brother has PSB speakers, and the sound quality is really good.

Tarheel_
08-04-2019, 05:45 PM
looking for a the PSB image 6B which is a larger speaker for the center and a subwoofer. Think i may just go with a HSU subwoofer. Always heard great things about HSU.

Tarheel_
11-03-2022, 11:48 AM
looking for a the PSB image 6B which is a larger speaker for the center and a subwoofer. Think i may just go with a HSU subwoofer. Always heard great things about HSU.

Well, since my last post, i moved my Revel F208s to the basement HT room. I still use a PSB for center and rears, but know that needs to change.

I setup my equipment in a closet and run the video to a projector. AVR is a Marantz and the 5 channel amp is a Anthem. They sound great and are near future proof.