Need some speaker advice [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need some speaker advice

blazer1991
03-20-2019, 10:33 AM
Good afternoon. I am new to the whole high end audio world hence why I am probably going to ask some stupid questions.
I just purchased a McIntosh MC2505 amp and a McIntosh C26 preamp and now am shopping for some speakers. So far I have found a pair of McIntosh XR5 speakers listed at $650.00 for the set also have an option of Mc XR1051 for $850.00 and last a set of Klipsch Heresy that are the 1st version I think listed for $1100.00. Do yall think any of the above options are a good match? My room I will be putting this in is kinda long and narrow (say about 15 X 30 ) with the speakers facing me from the narrow direction. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Billy

rondello
07-29-2019, 10:14 PM
Polk Audio or Klipsch Fortes would be a good choice.

Tarheel_
08-04-2019, 05:49 PM
McIntosh is great gear, but don't think their speakers match well with the same equipment. Speakers are so unique sounding. Do yourself a favor and go listen to different brands and sizes. Staying with similar components work well, but doesn't extend to gear-speakers.

Also, for $1100 for old speakers is too much. Technology has come a long way. Expand your search and let us know what you decide.

tvwallmountmn
08-11-2019, 06:10 AM
Any of those would be a good fit for your set up Blaze. Just be sure to not overlook the installation as the speaker placement is just as, if not more, important than the speaker quality. <a href="http://www.tvwallmountminneapolis.com">TV Wall Mount
Minneapolis</a>