1 Computer and 3 Televisions [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 1 Computer and 3 Televisions

kd129
12-06-2018, 12:42 PM
I'll start this off by admitting that I have no idea what I am doing. I was handed this assignment at work and I am trying my best to learn and make the proper recommendations and purchases. So please be patient as I try to explain my situation and if at all possible in your reposes if you can "dumb it down" for me that might help too.

I need to be able to project what is happening on a computer (that is hooked up to the internet) to three separate televisions. Two of the TVs are very close to each other. The third TV is about 50 feet away from the other two. The computer is located in a closet that is about 25 feet away from each TV.

I will also need to be able to remote into that computer from home (or anywhere). Not sure if this is an important piece of information or not.

The TVs are mounted to the wall and I have limited space/outlets to work with. I could get a new TV mount, but I'd rather not if I can accomplish this without having to do so.

So I guess my question is..... What do I need? I found something called an HDMI extender that has a receiver and a sender unit. But these need power, and again I just don't have the space to plug these bulky plugs into.

Am I making this more difficult than it needs to be? Do I simply just need 3 long HDMI cords and some kind of port with at least 3 outputs?

Any tips would be helpful. Thanks so much.