New looking for advice on speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New looking for advice on speakers

Mryusef1
03-06-2018, 09:56 PM
<style type="text/css"> @page { margin: 0.79in } p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120% } a:link { so-language: zxx } </style>Hello Everyone. Iam new to this forum and I am looking for some advice. I tried to get some advice from my local big box store and all they want to do is sell you stuff. I don't know much about AV but I know more than the guys at my local Best Buy ( I worked at Circuit City for 3 months in the 90s :-). I am looking to upgrade my front speakers and center channel. Ifigured I will upgrade my front speakers first and then get a centerchannel next. I am wanting to keep the price for the front speakersbelow $500. I have looked at several review and two speakers that Iam seeing on several list are Pioneer SP-FS52by Andrew Jones and Fluance XL7F. I can get a pair of the Pioneersfor about $260 on Amazon and the Fluance for about $500 on Amazon. The Pioneer floor speakers get really good reviews however the centerchannel gets horrible reviews. TheFluance center channel gets great review as wells as the book shelfspeakers. There is a sub-woofernext to each front speaker so do I need floor speakers or wouldBookshelf speakers be just as good for Movies? Anythoughts or suggestions on these speakers or any other speakers inthis price range?

CurrentSetup
TV:Sony XBR-65-850E
Receiver:Sony STR-DN1080
FrontSpeaker: Sony SS-F600P
CenterChannel: MTX in wall center channel
Sub:2 Dayton Audio Sub-1200
SurroundSound: DaytonAudio CS620W (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002KRA1A/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1) inwall speakers
SurroundBack: Polk Audio RC8I in wall speakers
Setup:7.1 Mainlyused for movies and TV

InsigniaMS-STR514
Speakers:DCM KX10
Setup:Stereo. Hooked up to Echo Dot and only used for music

bubisa_lj
03-31-2018, 02:53 PM
<style type="text/css"> @page { margin: 0.79in } p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120% } a:link { so-language: zxx } </style>Hello Everyone. Iam new to this forum and I am looking for some advice. I tried to get some advice from my local big box store and all they want to do is sell you stuff. I don't know much about AV but I know more than the guys at my local Best Buy ( I worked at Circuit City for 3 months in the 90s :-). I am looking to upgrade my front speakers and center channel. Ifigured I will upgrade my front speakers first and then get a centerchannel next. I am wanting to keep the price for the front speakersbelow $500. I have looked at several review and two speakers that Iam seeing on several list are Pioneer SP-FS52by Andrew Jones and Fluance XL7F. I can get a pair of the Pioneersfor about $260 on Amazon and the Fluance for about $500 on Amazon. The Pioneer floor speakers get really good reviews however the centerchannel gets horrible reviews. TheFluance center channel gets great review as wells as the book shelfspeakers. There is a sub-woofernext to each front speaker so do I need floor speakers or wouldBookshelf speakers be just as good for Movies? Anythoughts or suggestions on these speakers or any other speakers inthis price range?

CurrentSetup
TV:Sony XBR-65-850E
Receiver:Sony STR-DN1080
FrontSpeaker: Sony SS-F600P
CenterChannel: MTX in wall center channel
Sub:2 Dayton Audio Sub-1200
SurroundSound: DaytonAudio CS620W (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002KRA1A/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1) inwall speakers
SurroundBack: Polk Audio RC8I in wall speakers
Setup:7.1 Mainlyused for movies and TV

InsigniaMS-STR514
Speakers:DCM KX10
Setup:Stereo. Hooked up to Echo Dot and only used for music

I would highly recommend the Pioneers for that price point. They are really good quality and great for movies. Actually at that price, you can hardly get any better.