speaker storage for long-term [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : speaker storage for long-term

Tarheel_
10-10-2017, 04:43 AM
Hey everyone, been a few years since i posted, but i have a dilemma and need some advice.
We recently sold our house and moved in to a much smaller house. I have my stereo setup packed up in factory boxes and stored at relatives house in her garage (not climate controlled).

I thought this was going to be a short term stay like 1 year, but we are now looking at remaining at this place for a few years.

Question: are speakers and equipment safe in a garage and in boxes? I live in NC so the winters are not too bad, but do drop below freezing.

Speakers are Revel F208s and some older Lexicon gear.

Just trying to decide to keep, move or sell them...

global2017
10-10-2017, 07:40 PM
artikel bagus

Tarheel_
10-18-2017, 07:33 AM
8 days with no reply...guess this place is quiet.

A real shame, i learned so much from these forums back in the 2000s. Good memories for sure. Any one remember the famous troll from those days....LexMark6000 or something? hahaha

praxis
12-27-2017, 04:33 PM
My first post since about 2003. It's a real ghost town now! Everyone seems to be at the Agon or A. Asylum forums.

But regarding storing speakers in an area that's not climate-controlled, one big concern would be condensation - which would no doubt damage the speakers. Another thing to consider is your speakers will lose value due to depreciation. And the newer they are, the faster their value will fall during the years they are stored.

Here's something to consider: Sell the speakers now, and when you're ready to use them later, buy a used pair at Agon. This way you won't lose money due to depreciation and you avoid the potential of damage by storing in an area that's not climate controlled.

Tarheel_
12-29-2017, 06:39 PM
My first post since about 2003. It's a real ghost town now! Everyone seems to be at the Agon or A. Asylum forums.

But regarding storing speakers in an area that's not climate-controlled, one big concern would be condensation - which would no doubt damage the speakers. Another thing to consider is your speakers will lose value due to depreciation. And the newer they are, the faster their value will fall during the years they are stored.

Here's something to consider: Sell the speakers now, and when you're ready to use them later, buy a used pair at Agon. This way you won't lose money due to depreciation and you avoid the potential of damage by storing in an area that's not climate controlled.

thanks for your reply...i decided to pull them and use 'em. The room is tight, but the Revel sound is worth it. Funny thing...with a small room there is zero need for a center channel. I miss nothing, but a large room is completely different.

bubisa_lj
03-31-2018, 06:26 PM
thanks for your reply...i decided to pull them and use 'em. The room is tight, but the Revel sound is worth it. Funny thing...with a small room there is zero need for a center channel. I miss nothing, but a large room is completely different.

That's great since temperatures below 0 degrees Celsius can actually damage the equipment.. Also humidity or other stuff just out of your control. Good speakers should never be wasted :)

tot3ntanZz
02-07-2022, 05:23 AM
Over the past years, I have accumulated a huge amount of unnecessary things, but most of them are either quite expensive or still have some value for me. In order not to throw them away, I have been looking for the best storage space in Singapore for a long time like this (https://cubbiq.com/)
In my opinion, this storage is one of the best in Singapore and I can store all my unnecessary junk in it without any problems. I advise you to try!