installing miniature speaker in old telephone horn [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : installing miniature speaker in old telephone horn

melchett
09-29-2017, 11:12 PM
Hello,

To get my helpline of my escape room working I'm trying to install a miniature speaker in the horn of an old phone.

I have bought this speaker

Miniatuurluidspreker KP-serie Geluidsontwikkeling: 90 dB ± 3 dB 8 Ω Nominale belastbaarheid: 0.8 W 650 Hz ± 20 % Inhoud: in de Conrad online shop | 710982 (http://www.conrad.be/ce/nl/product/710982/Miniatuurluidspreker-KP-serie-Geluidsontwikkeling-90-dB-3-dB-8-Nominale-belastbaarheid-08-W-650-Hz-20-Inhoud)

When I solder the speaker on a minijack and connect it to my iphone, I get a decent but a little bit to quiet sound. When I use the real setup (speaker connected in phone - phone i wire (which is replaced by an utp cable of a necessary 10 meters) connected to my iphone the music plays, but the voice frequencies are very distant and almost inhearable. When I try to amp the volume by connecting to an old stereo amplifier I get very much distortion and now I fear I destroyed the speaker.

Can anybody help me with this setup ? do I need an other speaker? what can I use to amp this speaker? does the long way of utp cable create a problem ?

any help is welcome :)

greetings

Thomas