Not so smart XBR75x850C [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Not so smart XBR75x850C

rokosz98
09-19-2017, 01:03 PM
Hi all, the docs I've got do talk about smart access --but only in regards to smart phones.

I'd like to access a Windows desktop from the XBR -- but I only get as far as the TV recognizing the available wi-fi. It doesn't see the machine/folder I've made available.

Does anyone know of software required on the Windows side that allows the desktop to be recognized by the XBR? Or any doc on this particular situation?

I'm looking to stream stored vids and/or jpgs from the windesktop to the XBR.

I tried using the Win-desktop app that allows smart Samsungs to see a Windesktop but that doesn't work with XBR (at least the one I've got). That app, as I recall, also didn't allow me to stream vids from a hard disk to the Sam, but I might not've been using it correctly. It seemed to only allow me to use the win-desktop as a remote folder and would display images as I selected them.

Perhaps someone knows of an app for Win desktops that treats the XBR as a (somewhat) remote "monitor"?

thanks.

JoeE SP9
09-20-2017, 04:43 AM
I plug my desktop directly into my TV via an HDMI cable.

rokosz98
09-20-2017, 05:43 AM
I plug my desktop directly into my TV via an HDMI cable.

Yup, i can see that - simple, effective -- but I think wifey-poo would get a little bent having a ~35 cable snaking down a hallway, through the kitchen, past the top of stairs and then cx'ing the TV:ihih:

But I do have a ethernet cx in the wall _below_ the TV area. hmmm might be able to snake something there... Thanks!.

JoeE SP9
09-22-2017, 04:34 AM
I suppose it helps when all the gear is in one room. I had run out of HDMI inputs on my pre/pro (has 4). A five into one HDMI switch was added. My music server laptop, PS3, and desktop are connected to the switch and the switch feeds HDMI input 4 on my processor.