New Sub-Woofer not working with AV Receiver [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Sub-Woofer not working with AV Receiver

corrai
08-12-2017, 04:42 PM
I have a Yamaha RX-V679BL 7.2/5.1 A/V receiver. I recently bought a Klipsch Sub-12HG Subwoofer Synergy Series 12-inch. I have the feeling I bought a sub-woofer that will not work with the A/V receiver I purchased. Will this sub-woofer work with this A/V receiver, and if so, how do I properly wire it? If it will not, I will not have a hard time selling it where I live, and if it doesn't work with this A/V receiver, is there another Klipsch sub-woofer that would? All of the rest of my 5.1 surround sound are Klipsch and I would like to stay with the same manufacturer.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

vinylsurfer
12-21-2017, 06:02 PM
I have a Yamaha RX-V679BL 7.2/5.1 A/V receiver. I recently bought a Klipsch Sub-12HG Subwoofer Synergy Series 12-inch. I have the feeling I bought a sub-woofer that will not work with the A/V receiver I purchased. Will this sub-woofer work with this A/V receiver, and if so, how do I properly wire it? If it will not, I will not have a hard time selling it where I live, and if it doesn't work with this A/V receiver, is there another Klipsch sub-woofer that would? All of the rest of my 5.1 surround sound are Klipsch and I would like to stay with the same manufacturer.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me. Hi, call me Vinyl. I have an older 1988 Jvc that I used a diamond passive crossover where the front speaker output was wired to the sub, and outlets to the front speakers. Works great.