Bookshelf speakers around $200? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bookshelf speakers around $200?

DanGinCT
07-19-2017, 01:55 PM
Hi all,
looking to replace a pair of old Sony bookshelf speakers that recently died, not wanting to spend much more than $200 and came up with the speakers listed below mostly based on price . I've never actually listen to any of these, I have listened to some Klipsch speakers before and really liked the sound of them but never actually listen to those models I've listed. I have the Bluetooth speakers listed as I recently bought an Amazon Echo device but I'm not sure yet if I'm going to pair it with my receiver or to speakers. If you have any other suggestions, I'm all ears! Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Polk Audio Monitor 45B CHERRY Bookshelf Speakers (http://r.ebay.com/yMSpVB)
Klipsch RB-51 II Black (Pr) 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers
Klipsch KB-15 Icon 5-1/4-Inch 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers
Klipsch R-15M Bookshelf Speaker
Fluance XL7S High Performance Two-way Bookshelf Surround Sound Speakers
Fluance Signature Series HiFi Two-way Bookshelf Surround Sound Speakers (HFSW)
Boston Acoustics Classic II CS26 2-Way 6-1/2-Inch Bookshelf Speaker , Black Walnut
Swans - M200MKII - Powered 2.0 Bookshelf Speakers - Wooden cabinet
Swans - T200C
ELAC B5 Debut Series 5.25" Bookshelf Speakers by Andrew Jones ($229)

Dan G. in CT

JoeE SP9
07-21-2017, 07:51 AM
Bear in mind that speakers from a particular manufacturer tend to have the same house sound. So, if you liked Klipsch speakers you've previously heard those you haven't heard should sound quite similar.

OTOH: I have been seriously impressed by the Andrew Jones Pioneer speakers. The even newer Elac models he's designed are (IMO) even better.

One caveat is that for me bookshelf speakers with 5.25" woofers need a subwoofer in order for the system to reproduce the sort of bass I want to hear and expect. I'm most likely influenced by using dual TL subs.

Mark of Cenla
07-22-2017, 03:13 PM
I like Polk and Boston Acoustics. Peace and goodwill.

TheHills44060
08-02-2017, 04:22 AM
From the selection listed I'd go with the Polks or Elacs.