Anybody seen this wacky tweak site.. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anybody seen this wacky tweak site..

kingdaddykeith
06-17-2004, 10:53 AM
Man this stuff is way out there, funny reading if you like to laugh at weak minded fools.

http://www.belt.demon.co.uk/product/product.html

trollgirl
06-17-2004, 05:40 PM
But it is no stranger than some of the cutting-edge science being done these days. I refer of course, to teleportation. Local rumor has it that researchers right here in Kansas City, at the old Bendix facility, are transmitting matter thru steel plate electronically. Word has it that the matter is quite disorganized on the receiving end. Maybe they need a Heisenberg Compensator!

Laz

glen65
06-17-2004, 05:55 PM
But it is no stranger than some of the cutting-edge science being done these days. I refer of course, to teleportation. Local rumor has it that researchers right here in Kansas City, at the old Bendix facility, are transmitting matter thru steel plate electronically. Word has it that the matter is quite disorganized on the receiving end. Maybe they need a Heisenberg Compensator!

Laz

Sounds like a problem in the transporter pattern buffers.

markw
06-17-2004, 07:23 PM
The Belts (Chris & his dad) and their magic foil were an issue here about 5 - 6 years ago. He came here offfering free samples and pretty much got laughed outta here. ...Got pretty much the same reception atthe asylum too.

mtrycraft
06-17-2004, 07:37 PM
Man this stuff is way out there, funny reading if you like to laugh at weak minded fools.

http://www.belt.demon.co.uk/product/product.html

They are still in business? Why should I be surprized at the endless supply of gullible audiophiles.

Beckman
06-17-2004, 09:04 PM
It is not so much funny as confusing. Like a combination of psycology, theoretical physics, and nonsense.

Monstrous Mike
06-18-2004, 06:13 AM

Laz
Interesting point.

However, there is a huge difference. Most cutting edge science remains in the lab for years, is worked on by many top scientists and engineers, is reported in peer journals, is widely known in the general scientific community and is on mainstream media.

Those audio tweaks are for sale right now. There is no mention of the R&D work or testing done. Sometimes there is a feeble attempt to baffle with psuedo-nonsense but there is no peer journal review nor international scientific community recognition.

It's almost like some guy in his basement came up with a widget, claimed it did wonderful things, wrote down a couple of scientific terms and then started selling it on a website.

Resident Loser
06-18-2004, 06:25 AM
...would be my guess...it say's so somewhere right here in the Starfleet Manual...

jimHJJ(...BTW, I posted some further info re: Coltrane mono/stereo thing @ the wishful thinking thread...)