Ribs and Rock 'n' Roll [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ribs and Rock 'n' Roll

DPM
06-16-2004, 08:49 PM
This past Saturday I ventured across one of the rivers to attend this years Ribfest here in Steeler land. The headlining musical act was none other than Mark Farner. I've got to say, it's nice to know that some people never change. This guy hasn't lost a step. His voice was as strong as ever, his guitar playing is better than it was during Grand Funk's heyday, and he covered the stage with the enthusiasm of a newcomer. And he stilll speaks his mind too. The only thing Farner has lost is a bit of hair. Not that that has stopped him from growing what's left down his back.

Anyway, though the sound quality was pretty spotty, Mark Farner and his band did an able job of covering the Grand Funk repretoire plus some cover tunes. Still, I would have loved to have seen the real deal. Don Brewer is a great drummer with a powerful voice, and he was sorely missed.

Tunes I recognized were Foot Stompin' Music, American Band, I'm Your Captain, Rock 'n' Roll Soul, Locomotion, Bad Time, Some Kind Of Wonderful, The Railroad, Paranoid, Sin's A Good Man's Brother, and Creepin.

Dave M

Finch Platte
06-17-2004, 05:26 AM
ThisThe only thing Farner has lost is a bit of hair. Not that that has stopped him from growing what's left down his back.

Dave M

Thanks for the image- Mark Farner's back hair. :p

I'm surprised he's not playing the county fair near here.

fp

How were the ribs?

DPM
06-17-2004, 09:17 AM
How were the ribs?[/QUOTE]

Not bad, but the pulled chicken sandwich was better.

I forgot to mention that the opening act was The Badlees. They had a few minor hits back when grunge was at its peak.